Part 16

A/n: This chapter is dedicated to BallOfPoof because your reactions gave me the energy to finish the other half of this chapter. Tysm bb I hope you have the bestest day <3

______________________

Her screams reverberated off the walls, reaching the blondes ears at a surprising volume. Even when she was covering her ears it was too loud. She gives the signal to a technician and they stop the process.

"Subject 77, I would advise that you start to cooperate." She announces loudly, the hum of the machine wasn't as pronounced as before, but it was still a background sound. "Let us put you back together."

"No! Let me die!" Perrie rasped, her voice strained as her vocal chords tried to heal. Dr. Shipka shook her head in dismay. Subject 77 was splayed in a metal box in a heaping mess as her body tried to knit back together. They had had to use this machine once before, so they were still working out the kinks. It allowed for them to speed up Opal 77's healing process, which was needed after the incredible fall she had. But the subject was resisting, not allowing her body to shift back into its correct format.

"You sent me to kill them!" Perrie cried, uncontrollable sobs wracked her body as she remembered. Why had they reinstated her memories for this part.

"If it wasn't you, it would be someone else." Dr. Shipka replied, the hand in her pocket was fidgeting with an old picture. She always kept it with her, so that he would always be with her. "You should be thanking me for allowing it."

"I wish your father had destroyed me too!" Perrie yelled angrily, sitting up as much as she could to stare deeply into Kiernan's eyes. "I wish I had never been created!"

Dr. Shipka turned to leave the room, deciding it would be best to leave the subject to deplete their energy. The words of resentment that followed fell on deaf ears as the door clicked shut behind the doctor. She walked all the way down the hall, past the exit and to her office, sitting down with a loud sigh. The picture in her pocket comes out, burning her eyes as she studied the cherished edges and silent faces within.

"Are you happy, Dad?" Kiernan asked to no one in particular, brushing a finger over one of the faces in the picture. "Are you proud of your little Jewel?"

________________________

On another planet, a petite brunette paced the pristine white hallways of the Thirlwall's nearest medical facility. Her boots clashed with her dress, as did her green coat. If her mother saw her now she would be appalled at the state of her.

"Jade, stop pacing." Lauren weakly suggests, sitting up straighter in the hospital chair. No matter how she sat she could not for the life of her find a comfortable position.

"No. Surely she's out of surgery by now." Jade says absentmindedly gesturing in the direction her friend was. "What if something is wrong? She got stabbed for Christ sake."

"Which is exactly my point. They're not going to be done any time soon, so just... stop doing that."

"I can't help it." Jade protests, plopping down into the seat beside Lauren regardless of her words. "Hospitals make me anxious."

"Well at least you don't have to wear this bloody thing." Leigh-Anne grumbled loudly as she hands Lauren one of the coffees she was carrying. Once her hand is free it automatically shoots up to the brace around her neck.