Part 12

A thick cloud of smoke swirled past red lips and clung to Perrie's shirt. The vapors of ash tickled her nose as she leaned back in her chair.

"Tell us again what they saw," The blonde opposite of Perrie stated with a dry tone. Impatience was raising in her voice, the sweet creature knew what would happen if this went on any longer. "But with details, and don't leave out any names."

"What more is there to say? They saw everything, they know exactly what I can do. Details don't matter."

"Oh but you're wrong. Details are very important to me," She pauses, taking a drag from her cigarette. "Especially in my line of work."

"Details like which corporation will offer the most money for me? Thats pretty cold, Kiernan." Perrie growled, fixating her piercing blue eyes on the girl in front of her. She ignored the discomfort from her restraints as she leaned forward. Though they tightened with every movement, the feeling didn't bother her.

"It's funny to hear you say that. If either of us are cold, it's you. At least I haven't murdered anyone." She smirks, watching with pleasure as Perrie's tough facade faltered. "Yet."

"I don't think you have the guts." Perrie deflects, burying her immediate fear at the thought of harm coming to her friends... especially Jade. "You're a coward. And I won't tell you their names. You'll just send a death squad after them."

"It's the exact opposite, Opal 77. I'm trying to protect them."

A dark laugh escaped Perrie's lips before she could stop herself. "Just wipe me and start again. I'm not telling you anything."

Kiernan adjusted her lab coat and put out her cigarette on the sleek metal table. She stood up with a suddenness that made Perrie jump back a little. Having the strength of fifty men and insane regeneration didn't make her fearless. If anything it made her cautious, with great strength comes an even greater responsibility.

"We will just have to do this the hard way. Tracking the survivors of the T.I. 73 will be easy, since there are so few of you." She says as she walks towards the door. "And when you see me again, you will be wiped."

Perrie jumped as the door shut with a slam, sending shivers down her spine. She didn't even realize that she was crying until a droplet of water landed on the metal table. Every mission, every kill that Perrie had performed was playing over and over in her mind.

This is what would happen during her "debriefing". Each time she would be shot up with the memories taken away from before. She remembers assassinating a chairman in the dead of night, killing his wife and a young servant boy to prevent detection. She remembers chasing a target through a field and using her bare hands to pull out their eyes, before dragging them back to the plantation. She remembers snapping the necks of guards and punching holes through their chests as she escaped T.I. 73. She remembers Jade's eyes rolling into the back of her head as her kidnappers shot her, thankfully with tranquilizers. She remembers feeling powerless as they dragged her paralyzed body far away from the only place she had ever felt loved. Her friends were her home. They had her heart.

Not this place, not Dr. Shipka. She felt nothing but hatred for the daughter of the one who had created her, using her as a weapon of financial gain. She would never reveal the names of her beloved, but knew all too well that her hands were tied. Her friends would be hunted and killed, just hopefully not by her.

"Okay, time to go." A doctor said as they burst through the door. Perrie's gaze remained low as she was wheeled out of the room and down the hall. She refused to show these people her pain because they were a part of it. Those who worked at the plantation were the most remorseless people Perrie had ever seen. They were just as committed to their jobs when their patients were asleep or screaming, not batting an eye when their poking and prodding would cause unending pain. Perrie had seen and heard the effects of the research occurring here, experiencing it firsthand herself. Grown, sewn and raised here in this lab was she. Her only respite from the bleak white interiors was the precious moments she was let outside. Though the fence was high and would shock her if she got too close, it was chain linked. This allowed her to watch as the wind ran through the grass of the fields around the compound. It was always windy on this planet, but it was a pleasant breeze that seemed oddly comforting. It was her favorite sound besides Jade's voice; An angel brought down from the heavens to bless her for a brief moment, only to disappear into a locked chest of forgotten memories.

Perrie smiled at the thought of remembering Jade next time as the doctors hooked her up to the machine. She wondered if it would feel like falling in love all over again, or if the feeling would really leave her. No matter the outcome, Perrie knew that Jade would forever hold a piece of her. Even if she didn't remember her. She felt warm just before it happened, which isn't something she'd experienced before. Jade was her warmth as the cold metal touched Perrie's temple. Jade was Perrie's relief as the shocking pain pierced through her. Jade was the light that blinded Perrie as she watched her own body writhe in pain following the second shock. Jade stayed with her past the third and fourth, leaving along with Perrie's consciousness at the fifth and final shock, before darkness surrounded her.

And once again, she was reborn.

________________________

A/n: Short chappy but I can't put the gala and this in the same place. Also this wasn't planned it just happened. I love watching this story unravel— And thank you to all my silent readers for continuing to come back, I see you too❤️.

Remember how much you are loved and that you do have a purpose.