Part 15

Side note: just added some extra dialogue so if you've read this chap already you don't really need to.

Back at Jade's flat the three friends (and a now sleeping Lauren) sat on the old sofas in Jade's living room. They were recounting their thoughts on the nights events with glasses of rosé. Many, many glasses of rosé.

"I had absolutely no idea," Jesy paused, taking a small sip. "That Lauren wasnt allowed to see Camila, I thought she just felt guilty."

"Why would she feel guilty?" Jade inquired, interested by this new revelation Jesy had.

"Well, Camila didn't know she got discharged." Jesy paused, wondering if she should share that story or not. "She still thinks we're on tour."

"Why wouldn't they let her see her though?" It was Leigh-Anne's turn to ask a question. "Why was it even in her contract?"

Jesy looked thoughtfully into her glass, absentmindedly bringing her hand to her chin. "I would guess," she continued after a few moments. "It would be because of Camila's family? Since Thirlwall Inc. and Cabello Industries are competitors, and Camila's family runs C.I.."

Leigh-Anne leans back into the cushions of the sofa with a huff. "I'm really intrigued by all this, I wonder if she'd let me take a look at her contract."

"Maybe," Jesy shrugged. "Though I'm not sure what good it would do."

"Why didn't they just make Lauren sign an NDA?" Leigh-Anne continued, her brain moving at the speed of light as she tried to figure this out. "Even if Lauren told her wife anything confidential they would be able to take proper legal action."

"And," Jade added, almost spilling her drink because she had forgotten she was holding it. "It's more logical that my mother would want her to spy on them. This doesn't even make sense."

"Well maybe it wasn't Norma who put it in the contract." Jesy said distractedly as she topped up her glass.

"What do you—"

Knock Knock Knock.

Jade scampered to her feet, hoping that was the pizza they had ordered. Though she wondered why the receptionist hadn't buzzed for confirmation. In her haste and hunger, she opened the door without checking who it was.

"Hello, how much do I—"

Jade's wallet is knocked from her hands in one swift motion, scattering square coins across the floor with a thunk. Blue eyes are burning into hers with a fury Jade never thought she would see. The blonde pushes Jade back into the flat, slamming and locking the door behind them.

"Perrie?" She whispers, her voice strained and shaky as she tries to regain her balance.

The blonde's attention snaps like a whip to Jade, her motion freezing for a moment. "Who?"

The brunette's mouth hangs open like a broken door, brows drawn together as she tries to regain her consciousness from the shock.

"Did they remember to do only half olives? 'Cause I would—" Jesy stops dead in her tracks as she comes around the corner, her expression matching Jade's to the nth degree. "Perrie?"