Chapter 20: Miss Missing You...

Authors note:

AHHHH 30k reads!! Thank you I love you all so much!!!

ALSO HI ME AND MY GOOD FRIEND ALEX (mikey-clifford) ARE COLLABORATING TOGETHER AND ARE WRITING A 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER FANFIC TO DO WITH MICHAEL CLIFFORD AND I WOULD REALLY LOVE IT IF YOU WOULD GO AND CHECK IT OUT.

ITS CALLED: "Without you I'm a lost boy" PLEASE GO READ AND LOVE MY FRIEND.

Also congratulations to Pete Wentz and his goddess of a girlfriend Meagan Camper on their baby boy Saint Lazslo Wentz!!! AH!!!!

I do not own any of fob * sigh* but I do own my character Audrey and her friends.

Enjoy!!! :D x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20: Miss Missing You

(Audrey Collins | First Person)

I love October. The weather is just starting to get cold, the trees are all in Autumn colours, there's Halloween and then you can look forward to the end of the year.

It had been three months since the break up in New York... And a lot had happened since then. I had made the decision to move out of my apartment as the rent was getting too high and everything reminded me of Monty... I missed him so much and I wish he had been with me in those first few weeks after New York.

But luckily, I had had my friends with me, to help me and support me. It was Gwen who suggested I moved in with her. She had been looking for a roommate in her flat to help pay the rent and I was moving out so the deal fit.

I hung out with. Gwen and the others regularly now, seeing as I had neglected them a bit when I had been dating Patrick. We went to clubs quite often, had movie nights, that sort of thing.

But I still felt myself not able to move on... I needed a change.

"How about you go and get a hair cut?" Gwen said once over dinner (which was pepperoni pizza from the take out down the road).

"What?" I said looking up.

"A hair cut. That's a change. A new look is what you need. We'll go out shopping and get you a whole new wardrobe and a hair cut might suit you."

Gwen paused for a moment as she took a giant bite of her slice of pizza and chewed it, thinking for a moment.

"I mean, I decided to do that when I broke up with Jesse and now look at me; I've got colours in my hair and I look amazing." Gwen grinned and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What do you have in mind then?" I asked leaning back in my seat.

"Hmm... How about going back to your original colour? Or maybe take off a few inches?" Gwen suggested.

"Sure, maybe." I grinned.

That maybe turned into a definite yes. I went down to my local salon the next say with long curly dark brown hair and living an old life but afterwards, I left with a new sense of purpose. This sounds super cheesy but it's just how I feel.

However, when I got home to find Gwen, Eden and Rosemary in the flat, they all thought I'd gone insane.

"Hey, Audie! Let's see your -" Gwen paused as she saw me. "What the absolute fuck did you do to your hair?!"

"I cut it." I said defensively.

"No shit." Rosemary scoffed.

"No, what we thought you was getting was blonde and a few inches shorter..." Eden began to say.