Chapter 6

"Why can't you stay in a hotel?" Arthit asked when they were seated in his living room, sipping tea. It has started to get dark outside when they met again. Neither of them expected to see each other so soon but it wasn't as unpleasant meeting as they initially thought.

"My parents will know." Kong simply answered, not feeling like explaining what has happened.

Arthit wanted to ask more but decided not to. It wasn't his place to ask about personal stuff, not yet, they've known each other for less than 24 hours.

"You can stay as long as you need." He casually mentioned, wanting to be hospitable.

"Thank you, P'. I'm planning to buy my own place tomorrow, I don't want to bother you more than it's necessary. I'll cover all of my expenses while staying here." Kong said, making Arthit wonder how much money does he actually has.

"No need to worry about that. You can sleep in my bed and I will take the sofa." Arthit suggested, standing up. "Do you want to eat anything? We can order something or I can just cook, but don't expect anything noble." He wasn't raised in poverty but Arthit still couldn't even imagine how high-class must have been everything around Kongpob his whole life.

He felt a bit ashamed for inviting him over to his smaller flat with nothing expensive around. Arthit wasn't poor and had enough money to do whatever he wanted, yet Kongpob seemed like a prince to him, coming from palace to a plain cottage.

"I won't eat at such a late hour, it's up to you decide what you want to eat. Don't mind me." Kong stated and continued reading something on his phone. Arthit decided he won't try to make any further conversation if not necessary. He hadn't gotten such a cold shoulder from anyone for a while now and his patience has blown off.

He decided to cook omurice for himself as a quick meal to prepare. Having a kitchen and living-room joined together, Kongpob could soon smell a pleasant aroma of forming a meal.

"Ouch! Damn it." Arthit cursed under his breath as he cut himself while chopping onions. The juice got into the wound and made it five times more painful, making him rush to the sink and pour cold water on it.

"Can you watch the pan for me for a moment?" Arthit asked Kong, looking at the stove. The meat with vegetables needed to be stir every few seconds in order to not be burnt. He wanted to get a plaster from the bathroom emergency kit because the bleeding didn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

Kongpob got up from the sofa and very willingly came to the kitchen.

"Sorry for the bother, I'll be back in a second." Arthit muttered, focusing on holding his hand. Kong noticed blood but wasn't fast enough to stop him and ask what happened. He did what he was asked to but even after finishing cooking the meal, Kongpob's husband was nowhere to be found.

"P'Arthit?" He knocked on a bathroom door, hearing running water from the room.

"It's not locked." Kong heard and entered the room. Arthit was sitting on a tub with a frustrated expression. Papers and used plasters were all beneath him lying on the floor. "I'm sorry for taking so long." He apologized with his hand under a strong stream of water. "It just won't stop bleeding." He muttered, stopping the water and wiping his hand with a towel.

"Let me see." Kong came closer and kneeled down to see better. The cut wasn't deep nor dangerous, but the blood was flowing without stopping. "Let's not apply any more water on it, okay? Do you have any disinfection or rubbing alcohol?" Kongpob asked, all focused. Arthit caught himself staring at his handsome, serious face so it took him a moment to answer.

"Yes, there should be some in the kit." He handed him a white box with a red cross on the lid. Kongpob quickly found what he was looking for and applied the clear liquid on a fluffy cotton ball.

"It might hurt a bit now." He said and pressed the soaked ball on the wound. Arthit gritted his teeth and shut his eyes from the sudden pain.

"You're doing great." Kong praised him gently, noticing the flow weakening. "Are you eating properly? It seems like your body needs more vitamins, bleeding so much from a small cut." He mentioned, putting a plaster on the wound.

"Thanks a lot. I'll clean the mess on the floor, don't bother with it." Arthit stopped his husband when he saw him picking up all the trash he made.

"I've finished cooking your meal, it will get cold if you don't hurry up." Kong reminded him after everything was cleaned up.

"Thank you very much. Do you really not want any of it? It's not poisoned." Arthit joked, wanting to show his gratitude.

"There's only enough for one person." Kongpob argued, resisting the delicious food.

"We can make it work." Arthit smiled, flattered that Kong has changed his mind.

As he was ready to serve the meal, having one huge plate and two spoons in his hands, Arthit's phone rung signalizing he got a text.

XXX: We need to talk.

Although it was an unknown number, there was only one person who could send such a thing. Arthit quickly blocked the number, starting to feel sick. He didn't let the issue get him yet, but he couldn't run forever. One night and heavy drinking won't make you forget all those happy years. Nor the betrayal he needs to deal with from his best friend's side.

"Actually, you can just have it. I'm not hungry anymore." He handed the plate with prettily styled omurice and side veggies to waiting Kongpob and disappeared in his bedroom.

Since we're all in different time zones, I'm not sure when should I update, so I post a chapter the moment I finish it to not make you wait, guys! ❤️ This one is a bit boring I promise it will get better!