Chapter 15

"P'Arthit, wake up please."

Nothing.  

"P'Arthit krub... you're heavy, P'." Only an annoyed muttering was heard as a response.

"You might be comfortable but I can't breathe P'." Kongpop shook his husband's body gently. They went to sleep shortly after the incident, Kong taking couch this time. He was glad, worrying Arthit would once again end up next to him if he took his bed. He didn't mind it, but Arthit would be embarrassed and it was too difficult to explain. Yet, Kongpop woke up in the middle of the night, having trouble to breathe. It seemed like something heavy was lying on him.

It indeed was, as he soon found out. Arthit sleepwalked to the living-room and made himself comfortable on Kong's chest. For the rest of the night, he had to move as little as possible and keep up the balance so they wouldn't fall down from the not-so-wide couch.

"We've got the event today, remember? I didn't have time to tell you, but you're also going to meet my parents."

Arthit's eyes shot open, seeing Kong's face only a few inches away from his one.

"Shit...!" He yelled and sit up straightly, staring at his amused husband.

"Good morning, P'." Kong smiled, already knowing this will need a lot of explaining.

"What is... what are you doing? What am I doing?" Arthit asked in shock, seeing in what position they were. He was sitting at top of Kongpop with his legs wide open, pressing their waists together. Both of them felt something they shouldn't. Something hard.

Arthit jumped off immediately, standing up and covering the area between his legs with a blanket.

"G-ood morning. Y-You've mentioned something about meeting your parents?" He asked, burning up. Kong sit up once the cover was gone and bent his legs for some coverage as well. They gave themselves an awkward look before laughing. This seemed a bit like a Déjà vu when they first came to themselves in the hotel.

"Yeah, I've been arranging all the preparations, we're coming over to my parent's house today. They're hosting an event for the press, media and closest family and friends to announce our marriage. It's mandatory we have to go through since my high popularity." Kongpop explained without any self-confidence or bragging. He didn't want to show off with his social status, it wasn't something he was proud of. It wasn't something he's gained himself, the credit belonged to his parents.

"And you're telling me now?" Arthit gave him a disapproving look, feeling a bit put off.

"I'm... I'm very sorry P', I know I should've told you sooner, I've been very busy and... also scared." If Kong was a puppy, his ears and tail would be all the way down from guiltiness. Arthit could almost see the situation.

"Scared? Why?" He felt a weird, heavy feeling in his chest. Did Kongpop also see him as an untrustworthy person?

"Let me correct myself." Kong said after a shorter pause while he was thinking. "I was scared I'm going to scare you off and won't be able to handle your reaction. If you freaked out or wanted to back away, I wouldn't be able to order you around. I respect you too much for such a lowly behavior." He explained, looking straight into his husband's eyes. Kongpop wasn't sure if he spoke clearly enough and Arthit got his point, but he noticed how his face relaxed a bit.

"I won't back away nor will let you down till the marriage isn't annulled. As I already told you yesterday, you can rely on me."

"Thank you, P'." Kong smiled and got up. "Let's get ready now, we have to dress up and go. The time is flying, yet we don't have the wings. I got you some clothes so we're matched, they're in your room." Kong explained and quickly disappeared in the bathroom to change.

*** *** ***

They got ready fairly quickly, although it took longer to Kongpop to get himself styled. Arthit was waiting in the living room, casually peeking in the mirror to admire his look and clothes he was wearing. It was till the moment Kong came out of the bathroom and he experienced some sort of slow motion, the movie-like scene when somebody comes out after makeover and look stunning.

Arthit caught himself staring at his husband as he walked towards him slowly. Although he himself was dressed stylishly, wearing black jeans, a white shirt with and wine-red jacket, Kongpop's look has thrown him away. The simplicity, yet neat of a gray suit with a white shirt and red tie to match Arthit's jacket has left him speechless.

"You look more formal than I do." Arthit managed to say, feeling how much they actually didn't match.

"That was the point. This is how I view you. Cool and stylish with a slight bit of elegance. I'm dressed as people around me want me to. Neat and plain, you could say. I like your look way more than mine." Kong smiled, admiring him. Arthit had to look away to get to his senses. This was getting ridiculous, Kongpop wasn't complimenting him nor flirting, so why did he get this weird feeling...?

He should focus on more important tasks.

"Are you ready?" Kong asked as he headed to the hallway and prepared to leave.

"Not really." Arthit answered, hinting at what was waiting for them the next few hours.

"You have nothing to worry about, I'm going to be there the whole time. Right next to you." Kong assured him quickly.

That's what scares me the most. Arthit thought as they left his apartment.