Chapter 17

"Jane, please... this is more than inappropriate." Kongpop managed to keep up his politeness although his insides were burning. He tried his best to shake her off but she was holding too tightly. "What are you even doing here?" He hissed more angrily, keeping his neutral expression. He could feel everyone from his family watching them.

"How can you be so cold? You can't fool me, I know you've already found out the truth that I wasn't really pregnant and just testing you. I thought you won't even fight for me but when I've heard about the engagement party, I was convinced. You did well, dear." She smiled sweetly, leaning in to kiss his cheek.

What she kissed though wasn't Kong's cheek but someone else's hand.

"Excuse me." Arthit coughed and grabbed Kongpop's arm, pulling him away from the woman.

"What are you doing?" Jane asked, clearly confused and slightly annoyed.

"I should be the one asking that, ever heard of personal space?" Arthit asked, trying to keep his cool down, but the tone of his voice was harsh.

"Who do you think you a-..." Jane was cut off.

"Stop it please, everyone is watching." Kong interrupted, noticing his parents' looks. "Jane, we've broken up and as far as I know, you weren't invited. I shall ask you to leave."

Broken up? Is this his ex-girlfriend? Arthit realized and started scanning the woman in front of him.

"Kong? What are you talking about? I'm confused." She tried to laugh it off. "If you want to embarrass me or give me some kind of revenge for what I did, it was for my sake. I just wanted to be sure before we take another step forward, you know?"

Arthit, trying to understand the situation, pulled Kong further behind him and made eye contact.

"I heard your name was Arthit? I'm not sure about your relationship with my Kong, but you're kind of interfering right now..." Jane attacked him boldly, returning him the eye contact.

"Jane, right? I'm sorry, but it's my Kong now. You should listen and just leave, not making a scene is the best option unless you want to embarrass yourself." Arthit dodged back, feeling the tension rising up and his husband's killing look, currently making a hole in his back. I'm sorry, but you've said you liked the gangster image better. Arthit thought and smiled for himself, enjoying this more than he thought.

Kongpop has told him about revenge and how the best way to piss everyone off is to be happy regardless to past and unfortunate events. He could tell Jane was lying in some way and trying to get Kong back. Arthit didn't protect him nor was helping him out right now because of the contract.

There was more to it... he knew how Kongpop must feel and how he cannot act up. But Arthit could and he was about to go wild.

"This must be some sick joke." Jane frowned and turned to Kongpop, waiting for him to clear up the situation. 

"Dear, it's almost time. There's no need to be jealous, okay? Not anymore." Kong smiled gently, deciding to get on the right track as well. His father also gave him the signal that the conference is about to start soon.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it." Arthit apologized, feeling like a winner when he saw Jane's jaw drop. To spice things up even more and give it the final straw, he wrapped his arm around Kongpop's neck as they were walking off to the stage in the front. A smirk appearing on Arthit's face made his husband smile.

Thank you for all your support, this chapter is shorter because the next will be far longer. I'm updating sooner than I'd planned so I won't keep you on the cliffhanger longer than needed. :3