Chapter 14

"Kongpop...?" Arthit recognized the silhouette in front of him and hoped he couldn't see his beat-up face in the dark. "What are you doing here at this hour?"  

Kong was late because of all the preparations he had to deal with for tomorrow's event. The last thing to solve was Arthit himself, sill not knowing about any of this.  Kong indented to tell him the next morning, but once he saw a person sitting on the floor in front of his husband's home, he got worried and had to check out the situation. It could have been some drunk homeless person or potential burglar... Kongpop had to inspect further.

When he found out it was only Arthit himself, he felt relieved but still a bit worried. Has something happened? To see him in such a state... anyone would be concerned.

"I... don't have anywhere to stay." Kong explained, feeling guilty for not saying the truth. He needed to find out what was wrong though.

"Why didn't you come sooner? Where have you been staying all this time?" Arthit asked suspiciously, worried where his husband was till now.

"Over my friend's house but I cannot stay there any longer, I'm very sorry for inviting myself over at such a late hour." Kongpop lied again, thankful for the dark surrounding them. He wouldn't be able to look into Arthit's eyes.

"If you find my keys, I'll let you stay over how long you need. You should've just stayed if you needed. I know I don't look like it but you can trust and rely on me." Arthit said, feeling too emotional form previous events. Nobody seemed to trust him anymore, not even his friends. He done almost nothing wrong, marrying a man is not a sin nor against the law. It was a mistake but it only hurt him, nobody else, so that shouldn't count as a bad thing.

"Where are they? Your pockets? I don't want to search there." Kong smirked a bit, already looking around. He found them in no time and successfully unlocked the front door.

"Don't turn the light on." Arthit ordered, knowing Kong would notice his face right away.

"Why? I'm not familiar with your house enough to move around without seeing a thing." He wondered, yet didn't touch the switch.

"My eyes will hurt." Arthit made up an excuse while taking off his shoes. He hurried up and locked himself in the bathroom, still having his coat on.

"P'?"  Kongpop yelled after him but got no response. He said I'm not supposed to turn on the light, yet he just did it in the bathroom.

Arthit examined his face, knowing it will look only worse in the morning. The corner of his lip was scratched, still having some dried blood on. The lower part of his right cheek started to turn purple.

"Damn it." He cursed under his breath, wondering how he can hide it from his guest. He should just go to his room and sleep, not minding Kongpop.

That was the best option.

Arthit washed his face a few times, shivering under the cold water. He was colder than he realized once coming inside a warm apartment.

"P'Arthit? Is everything alright?" Kong worried, knocking on his door. This seemed like a Deja-vú to him, he shouldn't let his husband lock inside the bathroom anymore when there's an issue.

"It is, but I'm tired. I'm going straight to the bed, sleep on the couch please." Arthit replied, wondering what to do to avoid further contact with Kongpop.

"Okay, I'll wait for you in the living-room." Arthit heard and sighed from relief. He waited for a few seconds before unlocking the door and hurrying out. His room was right opposite the bathroom, making it easy to sneak in.

"A-ha!" Kong jumped out of nowhere, turning the light on and facing his scared husband.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He raised his voice from the shock.

"I'm the one who should be asking that! What happened to your face?" Kong remained calm despite being surprised and shook as well.

"I'm going to sleep." Arthit brushed him off, covering his face and trying to get past him to his room.

"You're going nowhere without answering my question." Kongpop declared, not moving an inch.

"I'm still your P', don't forget that." Arthit argued, trying to hide behind their age difference, hoping it will work out.

"You're still my husband last time I checked and you will be for quite a while." Kong snapped back, knowing it wasn't that relevant. Being bound by marriage meant nothing when it came to how close they were. And they still weren't very close.

"Come on, stop it. I've had a rough day even without this." Arthit sighed, not wanting to open to the person in front of him. It might get dangerous and he didn't want any more drama. Kongpop's words weirdly touched him and that scared him.

"P'..." Kong put his hand on Arthit's shoulder and gently rubbed him. "You can talk to me, you know? I just want to help." Kong smiled softly.

"How do you think you can help me?" Arthit's glass has overfilled. "You're going to bring my girlfriend back? Or stop my best friend from sleeping with her? Make me look like a straight man and not a cheater again? Or just un-do our marriage?!" Arthit looked in Kongpop's eyes, being on the edge of crying. Kongpop was looking at him with a shocked expression, not knowing how to react.

"You see? There's nothing you can do." He smiled sadly. "I appreciate your effort though. Goodnight." Arthit shoved him gently away and was about to close the bedroom door when Kong reacted.

"P'Arthit!" He forced the door to open again and faced his surprised husband. "I don't know much about what happened but I've figured out the basics. You're right, I cannot do any of the things you've listed, but guess what? I can do a lot more. What was that about un-doing our marriage? Why? We haven't got anything out of it yet. We've both signed the contract which states we have to support each other and I'm ready to do that. Tomorrow, we will be officially announced as husband and husband to the press. You're a married, happy man now, P'Arthit. That's how it should be to make everyone's blood boil. You, being happy despite all the people who'd tried to ruin it. It's the best kind of revenge." Kong had to stop to take a breath. He heated up more than he would expect.

Arthit only started at him in awe.

"I'm going to make you happy, P'. You don't have to worry that much anymore, okay? Just as I can trust and rely on you, you can do the same in my case. It's going to be like that till we divorce."

Kong finished his speech, hesitated a bit and then patted Arthit's back gently.

"Goodnight." He'd left the room before getting any reaction.

Dark, red color occurred on their faces as the door closed.

It's a surprise chapter! I don't like the cover that much anymore, will change it later for sure.

I didn't want to leave it on such a cliffhanger, so here you go! Rip my health and proper sleep 😴

Point out everything that isn't clear or my errors! I gave it just a quick check and english is not my native language.