Chapter 28

"Take care then." Prem nodded off to Arthit.

"Yeah, you too guys. See you." He smiled and started heading out.

"Arthit!" Bright yelled over the whole place. He turned around, wondering if he forgot his wallet or something. "You better bring him next time!"

Arthit's eyes sparkled before yelling back. "What for? You won't manage to steal him, don't even try!" He teased him a bit, knowing Prem is right beside Bright and quickly disappeared.

*** *** ***

"I'm home." Arthit greeted the dark flat. "Kongpop?" He asked quietly, wondering if he went out or just fall asleep. He entered the kitchen once he took off his shoes and coat, placing the bag of groceries he bought on his way back on the table.

Did he run off somewhere again? He thought, scanning the whole place and searching for some clue or trace with hint to where his husband disappear.

Wasn't he desperate to meet just a while ago? Damn. Arthit took out his phone and searched Kong's number, dialing it in instant. It went through but he was disconnected after four beeps. That surprised Arthit and after another attempt that followed, he was immediately disconnected.

"What the hell?" Arthit asked loudly, not liking the situation more and more. Why would he leave without telling me anything? And where would he go off so sudden? Work? Convenience store? He wondered, making up various reasons for Kongpop's disappearance.

Maybe his ex...? Crossed Arthit's mind, making him see this possibility as the most likely one immediately. Mary came just yesterday and caused a scene once again, he wouldn't be surprised if Jane knew his address or Kong's whereabouts. That's good then, right? He shook his head in attempt to get rid of all the weird thoughts.

He must have turned off his phone after I called him to not be disturbed. I hope I didn't ruin their mood... I'm glad, I should be. But the blunt feelings in his chest said otherwise. He was the one who told Kong to try starting over with his ex, so what was there to be sad about?

Wait, aren't I thinking too much? Arthit stopped his wild imagination for a moment.

Of course I'm not. He shook his head, believing his usually rational mindset and decided to go to sleep with ruined mood.

*** *** ***

"P'Arthit, wake up please." Kongpop shook his shoulder, urging him to wake up. After almost whole night he's spent sending emails and letters of apology and explanation over his parents' place, his head was hurting badly. Arthit called him while he had a talk with his father and therefore couldn't pick up.

As Kongpop later found out, the note he'd left for his husband with explanation of his unexpected disappearance was left unread under a bag of groceries.

His dad called him right after the call Kong had with Arthit, summoning him in an instant. The rumors and numerous headlines about the marriage being a scam couldn't have been ignored anymore. Kong didn't know any of this to moment his parents explained the situation and the consequences.

It wasn't clear who was behind all of the mess but they could take their guesses. Kong's uncle and children were the first suspects, followed by other family members. Anyone who simply couldn't come to terms with the fact that the legal co-owner of the biggest company in Thailand was a complete stranger, and not them, was on the list. Mere rumors and rather harmless news spreading around didn't cause any damage until the company started to lose costumers due to decreasing trustworthiness.

An immediate press conference was called and scheduled for the next day with aim to clear up any misunderstanding and put an end to this.

"P', open your eyes, we don't have time." Kongpop was starting to get desperate as it was only twenty minutes before the official beginning of the press meeting.

"Kongpop, why are you here? Am I good enough for you after your ex turned you down again...?" Arthit muttered still half asleep and dreaming.

"P'Arthit! I have no idea what are you talking about but we're in trouble. Get up, now!" Kongpop didn't know where all of that bossy behavior came from but Arthit mentioning Jane could be one of the triggers. Good enough? Again? He wondered what he meant and noted that he needs to ask him later.

"W-what? Kongpop, what is going on?" Arthit opened his eyes and sit up straightly, his heart beating fast from sudden wakeup.

"You need to get changed, here." Kong threw clothes at him and disappeared. "Hurry up." He added before closing the bedroom door.

Although Arthit didn't understand a thing, he was still too sleepy to ask questions and put up his doubting attitude. In mere three minutes he was quietly following Kongpop to his car parked nearby.

"I'll explain everything on our way there, but let me say this now." Kong stopped before unlocking the vehicle. Arthit gave him a questioning look.

"You're my husband..." Kongpop looked straight into his eyes. "...and I love you."

An electric shock shot through Arthit's whole body upon hearing that words, making him awake as ever.

"No matter what, you have to remember it."

It's finally going to happen ~