Chapter 13

It could have been the alcohol's fault...

It could have been Arthit's reflexes...

It could have been all those built-up frustration and feelings...

For whatever reason it was, Arthit's body moved automatically, speeding up towards the pair. A car honked his direction when he passed the road ignoring the red light. His friends yelled after him but Arthit heard none of it. All his mildly drunk mind was set on were the two people in front of him.

"Arthit, I want you to calm do-..." Knot let go of Mary and put his hands up for protection but it was useless. Arthit was coming dangerously close and cut him mid-sentence, landing a clear punch on Knot's left cheek. Mary let out a small scream, covering her mouth when her new boyfriend stumbled and tripped over.

The rest of Arthit's friends rushed after him as soon as their drunken minds realized what was happening. Meanwhile, Knot was back on his feet again, ready to at least defend himself. Arthit stroke again, aiming for the same spot he'd once successfully hit. Knot managed to dodge it off and hit Arthit's face for a change.

It surprised him and made him back up immediately to avoid further damage. A taste of blood in Arthi's mouth made him realize he must have bitten his lip. People started to notice a fight, slowly forming a small circle around and spectate.

Arthit blinked few times, ignoring the pulsing pain in his lower half of the face, focusing on his opponent again.

"Stop, we won't solve anything like this." Knot tried to calm him down, clearly not wanting to fight his ex-best friend.

"Really? Sleeping with my girlfriend seemed like a reasonable solution to you?" Arthit fussed, coming closer again.

"Arthit! Knot! Stop right there!" They heard their approaching friends. Arthit ignored them completely, knowing if he wanted to hit Knot a few more times, he needs to act now.

"Do you think you're any better than her? You've slept with a man! You married a man!! You had a FUCKING LOVER while dating Mary!!!" Knot yelled, only making the fire bigger in Arthit's heart.

"You don't know anything, so stop saying stupid things, you fucker!!" He screamed back, pushing Knot with all of his strength. He once again tripped over and fell.

"Arthit!! Have you gone crazy?!" Bright who seemed to sober up in seconds with Prem right behind secured the aggressive friend.

"He fucked Mary! He fucking slept with her! How am I supposed to be sane?!" Arthit yelled, slowly calming down.

"You fucked a man! For a far longer time than my one-night stand with Knot!" Mary joined the argument, freaked out.

"He was way better than you!" Arthit snapped back, hating himself for being seen as a cheater. He'd never cheated but the ring on his left hand said otherwise. His made-up story said otherwise.

"Calm the hell down!!" Tutah silenced everyone and made his way to the middle. "You," he turned to Knot having a nosebleed, "leave. Now."

Knot nodded as thanks, grabbed Mary's hand and they both disappeared in the crowd in no time.

"Arthit?" P'Tum appeared in front of him while Bright and Prem still held his arms. They were afraid he would chase after escaping Knot. Though Arthit's aggression had vanished as suddenly as it appeared and only blank stare into nowhere was showing on his face.

A slap from his senior woke him up from the trace. His aching cheek and mouth only got worse.

"P'..." He started, not knowing what to say. A feeling of shame filled him up, making him wish to just hide somewhere and never come out.

"I thought I had taught you better." Tum said, having a disappointed expression. "Go home. Let's go, guys." Prem and Bright let go of him, avoiding his look and following their senior into a nearest open bar.

Arthit was left alone on a busy street, feeling about to cry.

*** *** ***

Walking all the way from the center of the city to his flat took a good hour and half. Arthit wasn't in a hurry, he didn't need to wake up tomorrow and could sleep as long as he wanted. But sleep was the last thing Arthit could think about. His jaw hurt but it was nothing in comparison with his heart. It wasn't a sharp pain, just a dull feeling spreading to his whole body. The worst type of feeling, when you feel nothing and everything at the same time.

"Damn it." Arthit cursed under his breath when he struggled with his keys. After the third try, he just threw them on the floor. Nothing seemed to work out anymore.

His life was a mess, he'd lost his best friend and a girlfriend, disappointed his other friends, married a stranger and was caught up in this drama about pretending to be gay and a good husband. Signing the heritage papers and having everything transformed under his name didn't make the situation easier.

Arthit's legs gave up under the weight of his problems and he slowly collapsed on the cold floor, leaning against his front door. It was freezing outside, but he didn't feel cold. I might just sleep here tonight. He thought to himself, slowly closing his eyes.

Sudden steps coming in his direction made him drift from his half-asleep state to awoken one. Who comes home this late? It must be past 2 am, crossed Arthit's mind as he heard one of his neighbor's key clinking.

The sound stopped shortly afterward, making everything quiet again. Arthit has started to fall asleep again, slowly feeling the cold crawling up to his bones, sending chills everywhere.

He didn't care anymore.

Other loud steps didn't catch his attention enough to make his eyes open. When they stopped dangerously close to him, he started feeling a bit uneasy but still couldn't make himself wake up fully again. 

He was too tired to even move.

"P'...? It's you, right? P'Arthit?"

Those few words and a weirdly familiar voice was all Arthit needed for standing up on his feet in an instant, being more awake than ever.

His voice cracked. "Kongpop...?"

The meeting of Arthit and Kong's parents is coming up! I will update next week since I'm off to Italy tomorrow ~

I've once again abandoned my sleep just to finish this, I apologize sincerely for my late updating schedule and errors. Point out everything that isn't clear, please! ❤️❤️

Btw, I've changed the cover, I like this one better, hope it's not an issue!