Chapter 7

When Arthit woke up, he found himself in his bed. That confused him greatly, giving that he fell asleep on a sofa. Kongpob was nowhere to be found. This made pop up a number of question in Arthit's still sleepy head, urging him to get up and find out what has happened.

After checking every corner of his not-the-biggest apartment, he found no trace of Kongpop. He must have left early in the morning, like 7 o'clock, Arthit thought. Checking the watch on a wall only made him furious until he realized it's Sunday. He didn't need to go to work today and he was glad for it.

As Arthit entered the kitchen, a note stuck on a fridge's door made him curious.

I didn't want to bother you more than it was necessary. I'm looking for a place to stay and will contact you later.

Unfortunately, your husband

PS: I carried you to your bed this morning, you fell off the sofa and was freezing on the floor.

Arthit's cheeks flushed red as he read the last sentence, making him embarrassed. Only thinking about Kong carrying him like a bride made him face-palm himself. I've never agreed to be Juliet. I'm also a groom. He thought, being angry over nothing.

The truth was, however, more embarrassing than Kongpob's made up lies. Arthit must have been sleepwalking because when Kong woke up, he was already sleeping next to him. He didn't feel like explaining this matter to Arthit, it would be even more awkward for both of them. Kong could pretend like nothing's happened and make it less uncomfortable between the two of them.

The second thing Kongpob hid from Arthit was the reason for his sudden and uninvited sleepover. His initial goal was to sleep over Arthit's place. Nobody has thrown him out but Kong's parents very strictly expressed how they expect him to move out. Not because they weren't accepting of his son, his father supported love in all kinds of forms from the beginning. They stood behind the opinion that married couples should live together.

Kongpob sneakily tracked down Arthit's address and was able to find a flat right next to his husband's. He was prepared to sacrifice everything for their marriage to work out. Since there was no way out of it, he needed to make the best of it.

Revenge on Jane was also a pleasant bonus. Although he didn't have any plan in his mind yet, not letting her see him heartbroken was like a small victory to him. Adding the fact that she only looked like a bait now, plus the made-up fact he was having affair during their relationship made him happy.

Kong wasn't evil but knew how to take revenge sweetly, not harming anyone. This was only hurting his pride, but being gay wasn't an insult anymore. After all, a registered partnership of two people with the same-gender was also legal.

Marrying a bankrupting heir wasn't ideal nor the best, but it wasn't an issue. That was a price for his own stupidity and irresponsibility.

"Will you pay in cash or do you intend to take a mortgage?" The saleswoman asked, not recognizing Kongpob's high status. He didn't take it as an insult and was rather glad when people didn't treat him like something more.

"I've already paid for the place, the bank will contact you in the next few hours." He smiled politely and signed the contract. As the woman noticed his signature, she bowed in apology and excused herself.

Kong found himself standing in almost identical apartment Arthit owned, but with no furniture in it. He'd already bought all the necessary items, including the king's size bed, one small dining table, and two chairs. The wardrobe was already there but he didn't have many clothes nor stuff anyway. The simpler, the better.

If anyone comes to visit, they will come to Arthit's place since nobody knew he'd purchased his own. Since the furniture would arrive tomorrow, he had yet again nowhere to sleep. Feeling ashamed but oddly excited, Kong once again knocked on his husband's front door with the same intentions as the previous day.

"I'm sorry to bother you again, P'Arthit, but could you let me stay for one more ni..." He started talking as soon as he saw the door opening but stopped once looking at his significant other.

"P'...?"