Chapter 31

"I'm gonna sleep on the couch. Night." Arthit dramatically took his blanket off the bed and disappeared in the dark living-room. Kongpop was watching the whole scene without knowing what to do anymore.

Is this all necessary, to draw such a line between us? Kong wondered. We did kiss and it must have been unpleasant for him, but to completely distance himself from me? He laid down and turned off the lights. He did it for my sake, I insisted on the husband act from the beginning... if I'd known the outcome, I would've never even suggested it. Kong closed his eyes, knowing he won't get any sleep that night.

Was it really that bad for him? It didn't seem like he enjoyed it... why then?

*** *** ***

Arthit tried to make himself comfortable but no matter what position he tried, he just couldn't fall asleep. What the hell is this sofa, the floor is more comfortable than this. He thought as he angrily turned to the other side. A mixture of anger and sadness were taking their effect, making him think about stuff he wished the least.

It was half-past two in the morning when he detected an unfamiliar movement in the hall.

"P'Arthit? Are you asleep?" He heard a very quiet whisper. Arthit decided not to move even an inch, as he wasn't ready for late night conversations. He was still too emotional for that.

"I can't sleep either." Although he didn't even breathe, Kongpop still knew his husband wasn't sleeping yet. He sat quietly on an armchair beside the sofa and leaned his head on his resting elbows. "If you don't want to talk, it's okay. Can you just please return to the bed?" he whispered. Kong couldn't let the thought of Arthit not sleeping next to him go.

"I feel better here."

"But I don't." Kong admitted. "I can't sleep if you're not beside me."

Arthit's eyes opened and he slowly sat up. He tried to focus his sight on the dark silhouette and work out Kongpop's expression, which turned out to be impossible.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Arthit couldn't hold it back anymore. His frustration, his unrequited love, his disappointment.

"Because I just can't let the things be as they are right now."

"I need to deal with this by myself, alright? Go back to bed." He brushed him off.

"I can't do that. Let me at least sleep on the couch." Kongpop argued back.

"No."

"But P'! Don't treat me this way. I can't have you suffer because of me." Kong's gentle, yet urging voice was getting under Arthit's skin and warming him up. A longer silence during which Arthit waited for Kong to leave followed.

"Alright, you asked for it," Kongpop stated and forced himself on the couch next to his husband.

"What the hell are you doing?" Arthit frowned in the dark, trying to push him off.

"I will stay here with you if you don't want to move."

"Why are you so stubborn? Why are you making it so difficult for me? How am I supposed to let you go like this...?" Arthit's voice shook as he asked the last question. He couldn't control himself anymore.

"P'...? What do you me-..."

"I can't do this anymore. I don't know when or how it happened, okay? You're a man, I'm also a man..." Arthit clenched his fists together, "but I really can't stop my own feelings." His voice was cracking more and more as he spoke.

"Kongpop. I know you have fun teasing me but I don't think my heart can take it anymore. All I ask for is that you disappear from my life so I can move on." Arthit hugged his knees and hid his face. He said it, he really said it all. He should've just stayed quiet and pretended to be sleeping. Such a crappy confession...

His heart was beating so fast and the cold sweat was making him shiver.

"P'Arthit." Kong was already smiling from ear to ear, trying to hold back the overjoyed feelings that were rushing through his body. "What you just said... I also have a favor to ask you."

"Don't worry, we will divorce as planned and I will return all your company shares, I will support the cancellation of the contract with your company if necessary and still take full responsibility for my act-..."

"P'." Kongpop made him lift his head and look him in the eyes by gently grabbing his chin. "You always talk too much when you're not supposed to," Kongpop smirked and leaned closer.

Their lips met the second time in one day, although it was thanks to Kong this time. The kiss wasn't as long as in front of the press but still more gentle and intimate. Arthit broke it off only a few seconds after, feeling extremely confused and surprised.

"Kongpop?" his cheeks were burning and the glassy look he was giving to his husband was beyond seductive.

"You didn't let me finish." Kong simply explained and shrugged his shoulders.

"But why? You said... you said that...! And then... huh?"

"I said that I love you. I meant it." He really wanted to kiss him again but resisted the temptation. How can he be so cute...?

Arthit's head was spinning, he was feeling very hot and confused. His senses realized the whole situation way quicker than his mind.

"May I ask you the favor?" Kong gently touched his hand.

"W-what is it?"

"You know, since boyfriend is kind of irrelevant,..." he laughed softly, "Will you be my husband?"

I've realized the story is way closer to the end than I thought. Well, we shall see!

I won't update for a while now (5-6 days) so expect a new chapter next week please. My long-awaited less-busy time turned out to be extremely-busy time, haha...

My life's a joke.