Chapter 25

"I'm also very sorry, Kong." Arthit apologized, still holding him. "A-as you can see, I don't mind! I don't mind being around you, and I don't mind being seen as your husband. I'm sorry for the things I said yesterday." He squeezed him a bit tighter before letting go.

A huge smile was already dancing on Kongpop's lips.

"P'Arthit, your ears and cheeks are red." He commented, studying his face closely.

"I-Idiot! Did you even hear me...?" Arthit stuttered a bit and looked away.

"I'm not sure, can you repeat it?" Kong teased him with sparkles in his eyes.

"Damn, you really-... duh, I said that I don't mind being around yo-... oi, Kongpop?!" Arthit was cut off as his husband pulled him close and initiated the hug this time. Kong didn't get the chance to return it few moments ago because of the shock.

"I meant this when I asked you to repeat it." He whispered and tightened the grip.

"You're unbelievable..." Arthit muttered, wrapping his arms around Kong again.

Just this time. He thought as he closed his eyes to enjoy the moment again. I cannot spoil him. Although, it was Arthit who was being spoiled.

*** *** ***

Several weeks have passed since their quarrel. Everything came back to normal, yet it was different. Arthit cooked dinner every night, no matter how busy or late he returned home. Kongpop tried to assist him each time he had a chance to learn something and spend time with his husband.

They started sleeping together in the bedroom. Arthit fell asleep on the sofa one Sunday's afternoon, waking up with aching body. He confronted Kongpop about not saying anything all this time and hadn't let him sleep there ever since.

Their lives fell into a comfortable stereotypes, both of them adjusting themselves for the other.

"Kongpop, could wash the vegetables for me? We're having omurice tonight." Arthit ordered his husband around so he wouldn't just stand still and watch him. It was Friday evening and they both managed to leave early from their work.

"Can I also cut them?" Kong asked with bunch of carrots and onions dripping in his hands.

"No, that's my job. Wash the meat, will you?" Arthit couldn't let him do the difficult tasks yet.

"You never let me do it..." He muttered sulkily, wanting to learn more and surprise Arthit one day with meal he made entirely himself.

"I simply don't want you to-... ouch!" Arthit looked up to make eye contact just when his hand slipped and he cut into his finger.

"P'!" Kong threw the chicken into sink and rushed to his now injured husband. "What are you doing?!" He asked rhetorically while trying to check on his hand.

"Leave it, I'm fine." Arthit hushed him off with embarrassment. He didn't let Kongpop touch anything sharp so he wouldn't hurt himself. How ironic. "I'm just gonna get a plaster from the bathroom really quick." He muttered and tried to slip through Kongpop in not-so-wide kitchen.

"Hold on, P'Arthit." He grabbed his hand to stop him, having very strong Déjà vu again. Kong had already learnt from the mistakes and didn't want any more Arthit-bathroom incidents. "I'm going to get it for you, stay here."

He rushed off and came back in no time.

"Do you really have to disinfect it?" Arthit asked with glued look on the clear liquid in Kongpop's hand.

"Ow, does it hurt that much? Well, I got less painful way, if you insist." Kong put the disinfection down and tried to hide his smirk. He slowly leaned closer to Arthit's bleeding finger while opening his mouth slightly.

Before Arthit realized what Kong's intention was, he had his finger already inside his warm mouth.

"What are you-...?!" his cheeks flushed with dark red color when Kong licked off the blood while making eye contact. The inside of his mouth was warm and slippery, his tongue slowly circling around the wounded area, sucking it gently.

The face Kongpop was making while performing the act was definitely not one should have while licking someone's finger. Definitely not a finger.

"Kongpop, s-stop it al-already!" Arthit had to look away when his finger completely disappeared in his mouth and made its way down his throat.

"But you said you don't want me to use the disinfection." Kong's innocent look and smile when he finally stopped made Arthit only more embarrassed. His eyes were glassy, his cheeks were burning and his ears flushed with red color. Kongpop found it very hard to resist. He had already crossed the line, he shouldn't push even more for tine being. Though, maintaining himself was really hard.

"Here you go, all set." Kong claimed after bandaging the cut. "It's going to heal in no time." He said and placed a small kiss on the band-aid.

"Kongp-... thanks. Let's finish this up quickly, I'm hungry." Arthit stopped himself, feeling his chest tingling.

Could it be...? No, that's impossible. We're both guys after all. He shook his head while going back to chopping the veggies.

Impossible.

I know it's shorter and a bit boring, I had a bit of a writer's block (not anymore though). Combine it with lack of free time and you get a late update, haha... 😅

Thank you for your support, we're slowly getting to 20K reads! Duh, it means so much to me, giving that the story isn't that great and some of you find it disappointing.

Take care of yourself dears, just as I'm currently trying. ❤️ Love you.

-Alice