Oops

Done! I finished all my home work and it's only 3:00 that means it only took me 30 minutes to finish my homework! Score! My parents aren't home yet so I guess I can just walk over to Danny's.

I walk out of my small sky blue room with drawings everywhere and walk down the stairs. Past the black, white and brown kitchen and then out the door. Danny is only 3 houses away from mine and on the same side of the road so he is super close. It's a surprise I have never noticed him before.

I wonder what his parents will think of me? There is only one way to find out. I ring the door bell.

"Ding dong Oooo!"

That is the strangest door bell I have ever heard.

"Coming!"

I heard Danny yell followed by several thumps down what I think are stairs.

The door swings open and Danny is standing there.

"Fancy door bell." I comment sarcastically.

"Ha ya my parents are kinda ghost freaks remember. Speaking of my parents they aren't home right now."

"Oh ok maybe I can come back later."

"No no stay we can hang out and I can show you around, please come in." He steps back as I walk in.

His house has the same layout as mine. There where stairs right off the entry and a kitchen just past that, also the laundry room and family room where off to the farthest end, and the basement was under the stairs. It was funny that our houses have the same layout I fell like I'm at home plus I know where every thing is.

"Why don't we go to the basement and check out my parents lab Jess." Danny offered.

"Heck ya that would be sick!"I was a little too exited.

"Awesome!" Danny grabbed my hand (eeekkk) and pulled me down to the basement as my face turned a deep shade of pink.

"Tada" Danny was doing Jazz hands as he spoke.

It was very cold and all the walls were cement. There where lab tables against every wall filled with all kinda of gadgets. But at the end of the room something caught my eye. It was a huge yellow and red striped door looking thing inside the wall.

"Hey Danny what is that?" I asked pointing at the door.

"Oh that thing it's called a ghost portal. My parents say is is designed to view a world unseen. It basically let's ghosts into our world smart right."

"It sounds super cool how do I turn it on?" A ran over to the portal and looked around it then I spotted two buttons on the right side. ON and OFF. I pressed ON and the doors opened reviling a green swirling portal.

"Awesome!"

I walked towards the portal and turned to face Danny.

"Danny this is so sweet I can't wait to meet your parents they must be awesome."

"Ya but Jess don't get to close to that portal I don't won't you to fall."

"Oh calm down I won't fall in I'm not that stupid gosh da.."

Something grabbed my torso and I was starting to get pulled in then I looked back at Danny and his hair was white and his eyes when green. That was the last thing I saw before I was inside the portal.

A pain engulfed my body and it felt like I was on fire. My feet started to go numb and all I could see was a sea of green.

"DANNY HELP ME!" My legs to my chest where now numb and the pain was getting worse with every second. I can't move anymore I am just standing in this green vortex. Oh no oh no I can't see I can't see!