Chapter twenty One

Luke's POV

I held onto Kristi like my life depended on it. I was happy I was here, holding her in my arms.

"I missed you so much." She whispered into my chest. I smiled at her words.

"I missed you too sweetheart. I need you to come back with me." I said and she pulled away from the hug.

"I can't go back." She said and I looked at her confused.

"Why?" I asked with confusion written all over my face. I needed her to come back with me.

"I actually started school." She said and I nodded.

"Oh. When did you start?" I asked and she sat on her bed. I walked over to her and sat right next to her.

"Today was actually my first day." She said as she laid down. I smiled at her.

"So. Does this mean were back together?" I managed to ask. She looked at me.

"I mean I want to get back together, but I feel like we should talk about what happened." She said and I laid down next to her.

"Okay." I whispered.

"How much time do you have here?" She asked.

"I actually have to go back tomorrow. We only have today and tomorrow off." I said and she pouted. She was always so cute when she would pout.

"Okay. So why did you do it?" She said, getting straight to the point.

"Honestly, I don't know. I can't explain why. I was drunk and I know that's not an excuse, but I know I fucked up and I plan on never doing it again." I said and she took her eyes off mine.

"But how do I know you're not going to do it again." She said and it felt like someone stabbed my heart. I was feeling the hurt she was feeling.

"I just need you to trust me. I promise that I won't do it again." I said and she looked up at me.

"It's just kind of hard to trust you now." She whispered and I felt so bad for her. I did this to her. I made it hard for her to trust everyone. After everything that her dad did and I made her basically lose trust in people.

"Kristi. I love you so much and I hate the fact that I'm the reason you can't trust anyone anymore." I said and I saw some tears fall. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her. I kissed the top of her head.

I felt her tense up when I kissed her, but then she started to relax in my arms as she started to hug me back.

"I'm so sorry Kristi. Can you please forgive me and just be with me? If you say no, I understand, but I would be so heartbroken. And you deserve to be happy. If that means that you would be happy without me, then so be it." I said and I heard her cry. I pulled her closer, so there was no space between us.

"I've been waiting to hear those words." She whispered in between sobs. My heart breaks every time I hear her cry. It just keeps reminding me that I did this to her.

"I love you so much Kristi." I said and I could feel the tears soaking my shirt.

"I love you too Luke." She whispered and my stomach flipped.

"So do you forgive me?" I asked. I didn't want to ruin this moment by asking, but I needed to know.

"Yes." She said so quietly, I almost didn't catch it.

"Thank you so much for giving me another chance." I said hugging her so tightly. She giggled at me and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

"I guess I should go," I said getting out of the bed. She quickly jumped up and looked at me.