Forty seven

A few nights later, I woke up to Olivia screaming. Luke got up too and I went to go grab her.

I brought her back into the room and laid her on my bed as she slowly stopped crying.

"What's wrong little one." Luke said in his baby voice that I found to be so cute. We were both on the floor now at the edge of our bed, looking at Olivia who was just staring back at us.

"She definitely planned this. She's evil and doesn't want us to sleep." Luke whispered and I chuckled at him as Olivia just continued of stare at both of us.

"Oh really? She's just a baby. She doesn't know better Luke." I said and he laughed.

"You don't know. She's very smart." Luke said and I smiled

"Yeah, but she's only a month old. She can't plan anything. She's probably just hungry." I said as I got up and walked downstairs and made a bottle.

When I was finished I walked upstairs and saw Luke tickling the baby and she was laughing. It was so cute to see and ugh. I don't even know how I'm feeling.

"Sorry to interrupt but she needs to eat." I said as I sat down next to Luke. I held Olivia as I started to feed her.

"I think we are finally starting to get the hang of this." Luke said and I nodded as we both looked at Olivia.

"So when can we have another one?" Luke said and I rolled my eyes.

"Not for a while. Let's get married first. Damn Luke. Always rushing things." I said and he chuckled.

"But what if we got married like tomorrow, then we could have another one?" Luke said and I sighed.

"No Luke. We have one right now to take care of." I said and he sighed.

"But babies are so cute." Luke said and I smiled.

"I know that but she's only a month. She's going to be a baby for a while." I said and he smiled.

"Ugh, Kristi." Luke said as he pouted.

"Ugh, Luke." I mimicked him back and he just crossed his arms.

"Stop being a baby." I said and he chuckled as he uncrossed his arms.

"I love you." Luke said and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said and he sighed as Olivia was finished and Luke took her to burp her so I could go downstairs and clean the bottle.

I slowly made my way into the kitchen and walked over to the sink as I started washing the bottle.

Just then there was a noise coming from the dining room and I looked up to see a man standing in the doorway. But not just any man.

It was Luke's dad.

"What are you- how did you get in here?" I stuttered and he smirked.

"That's none of your concern." He said as he looked me up and down.

"So it's you Kristi. The one my son is so in love with that he doesn't want his own father in his life. So where's the little one, huh?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You need to leave." I said and he shook his head.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Kristi. I need to have a little chat with my son." He said and I froze.

"That's too bad." I said as I picked up the phone. I dialed 911 and told them there was an intruder.

"You shouldn't have done that." He said as he launched himself to me.