Chapter thirty nine

I woke up to loud beeping that seemed to echo through the room. I then started to hear two distant voices and I slowly tried to look to see who was talking.

"How bad is it?" I heard a male voice say.

"She has a broken leg and a minor concussion." I heard my mom say. I sighed which made them both come running to me.

"Hi baby." I heard the male voice say again. I slowly fluttered my eyes and I saw Luke standing over me. I smiled at him and he returned one as he put a kiss to my forehead.

"Hey sweetheart. How are you feeling?" My mom asked and I sighed.

"I guess I could be better." I chuckled and so did Luke.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on tour?" I asked Luke and he smiled again.

"Well I'm supposed to. But when your mom told me the news, I got on the next flight here." He said and I smiled.

And this is why I loved this boy.

"You didn't have to..." I started to say but Luke cut me off by kissing me.

"Baby, of course I had to come. You are my fiancée and the mother of my child. I needed to make sure that the two most important girls in my life were okay." Luke said and it made me tear up.

"Thanks baby." I said, reaching up for him to hug me, which he did.

"Now I have to take care of you. You can leave today." Luke said and I nodded.

The doctor came in and told me that I should rest and take it easy for the baby's sake. They said that there was no harm to the baby and that made everything better.

The blood was from a cut I got in my leg. Thankfully, I didn't loose that much blood.

"Thank you doctor." Luke said, shaking his hand. I smiled as I slowly got out of bed.

"Okay. Let's get you home sweetheart." My mom said and I nodded as Luke grabbed a wheelchair for me.

I sat down and he pushed me out of the room as my mom grabbed my clothes.

"How are you mom? Did you get hurt?" I asked as we got into the elevator.

"Unfortunately no. I wish I was the one who had the broken leg and the concussion." My mom said and I sighed.

"Mom. Don't say that." I said and she shook her head.

"You don't understand, but you will soon. You don't want your baby hurt. You rather it be you instead." My mom said and I nodded.

"Yeah. I feel really bad for you. You could barley walk because of the baby bump, now your leg is broken." Luke said and I sighed.

"The way you say things are mean sometimes." I chuckled and he smiled.

"Sorry." He said and I shook my head as the elevator door beeped. Luke pushed me so we were out of the hospital. We got into my moms car and Luke offered to drive us home, which my mom let him.

I sat in the passengers seat and my mom sat in the back. She wanted it that way.

When we got home, I decided to check my twitter.

A lot of tweets came in telling me to get better and such. Then I came across this video of the interview they had when they found out I was having a girl. I clicked on the video as Luke walked in the room.

"What are you watching?" Luke asked as he sat down on the bed, drinking his glass of water.

"The video where you find out we were having a girl." I smiled and his faces dropped.