Forty one

Luke's POV

"Baby?" I said as I brought the phone to my ear.

"Please don't call me that right now." She said. I could tell that she is crying and all I wanted to do was be there and hold her, but I couldn't.

"Sorry." I mumbled. She sighed and I laid back in my bed, waiting for what she was about to say.

"I honestly don't know what to do right now." She said. I sighed and immediately felt bad. But I really shouldn't. I didn't do anything wrong.

"I don't know either. I wish you would just believe me." I said. I heard her sob.

"Can you come over?" She said. I sighed.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." I whispered into the phone. There was a silence between us.

"Why?" She finally said. I sighed as I could hear her cry even more.

"Because you think I cheated. It wouldn't be good if I came there now." I said and I heard her let out a deep breath.

"You're making it worse right now." She said and it felt like she stabbed me in the heart.

Just then Michael walked through the door. I brought my finger to my lips to signal him to be quiet. He nodded as he sat down on my bed. I sighed again.

"How am I making this worse? You're so convinced I cheated." I said and she was silent. I felt bad for saying it, but I just couldn't hold back what I felt.

"Are you fucking serious? I'm trying." She said.

"Yeah I am. I didn't fucking cheat, but I'm being scolded as if I did. I don't fucking deserve this Kristi." I said as I started to break down at the end.

She hung up the phone call and I let me head fall into my hands. Michael scooted closer and then gave me an awkward hug as I cried into his shirt.

"I don't know why this is happening. I don't deserve this. I just want to be happy." I said and Michael awkwardly rubbed my back, telling me that it's going to be okay.

"It's not going to be okay Michael. She's so convinced that I cheated. This isn't some fairy tale where everything is going to be okay." I said as I pulled away from Michael.

"I'm sorry Luke. I don't know what else to say." Michael said throwing his hands up in the air.

"You're right. I'm sorry mate." I said and he nodded. He pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"I'm going on twitter to find out who the fuck started all of this. You don't deserve this Luke. You deserve to be happy and the way it will happen is when you get home to your fiancée and unborn daughter." Michael said as he scrolled through twitter. I nodded as I told him I was going to take a shower.

I took a long one because I just thought about everything.

When I got out, I got changed and then Michael came bursting into my room.

"I know who did it." He said as he held up his phone. When we had the interview when they kept asking me questions like, why I was rushing things and stuff, they tweeted saying that I was cheating and that's what I was hiding.

"I knew we shouldn't have done that interview." Michael said and I sighed as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I fucking knew it. Let's go!" I said. He looked at me confused, but then followed me out.

"Where are we going?" He asked as we got into the car.

"Home," I said and he nodded.

"Okay." Is all he said as I started driving back to where I belong, home.