Chapter Three: The Spider With A Cape

(Hey there, Gumbo again! I hope everyone had a great Christmas break and for students I hope the transition back into school isn't difficult! I've had some free time on my hands so I made sure to make this chapter longer than the previous two. Also If you haven't already, please read the previous chapters so you'll have a basic understanding of what's going on. Also please note chapters may come out slower since school has started back up, but I do plan on making the chapters longer with more details and such! So without further ado, here's chapter three!)

 (P.S. I have received a couple questions about the story and about myself, that I found appropriate to answer here.
Q: Is the story you're writing based on any specific        storyline?
A: Yes and no. The story isn't based on any specific story line, but rather a combination of a few. I have decided to make sort of a fusion with Spiderverse, Spider-Geddon, as well as some input of my own!

Q: Why do you write in first person?
A: To be honest, I'm not sure. When I do roleplays, they are in third person. All the small stories I've written in the past were in third person as well. I think it felt more appropriate to write in first person since it would be easier to convey thoughts and emotions, hopefully engaging the reader more into the story. I am planning on transitioning the story into third-person, so I can write more freely about other events occurring as well as details about characters that are going to be introduced.

Q: How long do you plan the story to be?
A: At this point, I cannot give a clear answer. I do have the plot and such planned out, but I'm still deciding how to break it up into chapters. I can say for sure the story won't be too short nor too long, so hopefully I can find a middle ground.

Anyways, that's all the questions for now. If you have any, please ask!)

Location: New York City, New York, Earth 65

"Where is he! Where's your Spider-Man?" Metallic tentacles hit the road, causing the concrete to shift beneath it as the Doc Ock from my dimension clawed her way down the abandoned street. No one was seen among the crashed cars, broken buildings, and burning rubble throughout the city.

"I will only ask one more time before I start to tear your city apart even more! Where is your Spider-Man?" I watched from the top of a building, using my camouflage as I waited for Gwen to cause her distraction.

"Spider-Woman, actually." Gwen walked out into the street from an abandoned building, hidden under her suit. Doc Ock laughed as she moved towards Gwen, the metal tubes sprouting claws that began to spin rapidly. Just when Ock was about to take a swing, Gwen looked in my direction and nodded.

At her signal, I hopped off the building, flying towards Doc as Gwen easily dodged the attack. I fired my web shooters, attaching both of the webs to Ock's back as I pulled back, launching myself towards her.

"Hey Octo Lady! Over here!" Just as she turned around, I had reached her, slamming my feet into her back and sending her flying towards Gwen. Gwen was ready, intercepting Ock by wrapping her in webs. I finished the job by pinning her octo arms to the ground before walking over, arms crossed. Doc Ock sat there with a calm expression on her face, giving us a small smile as we walked over.

"Ah, I had a feeling there was two of you. Well you see, there's more than one of me."

"Watch out!" I heard Gwen shout as I felt something hit me, sending me flying into a wall. I groaned and sat up slowly, my vision slightly shaky. I looked up to see what looked like a male Doc Ock ripping the webbing off Doc. Gwen rushed over, helping me up as I rubbed the side of my head.