Chapter Twenty Three: The One Above All

"One Above what now?" Solus growled as his fist glowed. "I'm not stupid, kid. You really think I'd believe something as silly as that? Since you're in the way, you're just going to have to die!"

"So childish." One Above All sighed as he glanced at Solus, holding up a finger. Instantly Solus froze in midair, unable to move as he growled angrily.

"That's better. Now, if you hear what I have to say, maybe things will turn out better for you."

"Fine." Solus spat as One Above All released him from the bind.

"Brilliant. As I stated before, what you were just about to throw at this gentleman right here is an absolute no-no. It would possibly destroy the little balance remaining between the multiverses and put everything out of order." One Above All said as he scratched his chin. "What I'm trying to say is that I won't interfere with this fight unless it begins to interfere with my mission."

"What? Don't you see what they're trying to do?" Lukus said as he slowly stood up, cradling his left arm, which was badly wounded. "They're trying to take over the multiverse. If that doesn't interfere with your plans, I don't know what will."

"Like I said, what happens in this timeline happens, as long as you don't interfere with my affairs." One Above All said before he disappeared, reappearing on a tall rock far away. "Carry on."

"You've got to be kidding me." Lukus growled as he tore a strip of his suit off that had come loose. "Spectral, I'm sorry for not being stronger."

"Don't worry." Spectral said as he helped Lukus sit down against a rock. Placing his hand on his shoulder, red energy began to leave Lukus as it flowed back into Spectral. "I'll be borrowing your power for a bit. Get some rest, friend."

"What difference will a small power boost make?" Morlun sneered as the Solus began to walk towards him. Spectral chuckled as eight green eyes glowed through his mask, with eight red eyes floating in the same place as them.

"It will make all the difference." Spectral said as he gripped the handle of his katana. Watching Solus run towards him, Spectral narrowed his eyes before running at him as well. Sliding under Solus, he sliced at his ankles, only managing to cause him to stumble before the wounds quickly healed.

"When will you learn boy? I can't be hurt with attacks like these." Solus said as he fired an energy blast at Spectral, who dodged it.

"The blade itself may not do the damage." Spectral said as he continual sliced at Solus, the wounds healing as fast as they appeared. "But rather what's left when it's covered up."

"What are you talking abo-" Solus said before collapsing onto his knees, letting out a shaky groan. "What... what is this? What have you done to me?"

"You may be invulnerable to outer wounds, but what about the inside?" Spectral asked as he set the blade on the ground, looking at the trembling Inheritor. Extending his hand, Spectral raised his hand slightly, Solus instantly responding as he stood up.

"What's he doing to him?" Gwen whispered to Carol, who helped Violet up. The other Inheritors formed a ring around them, not attacking them, but not letting them get out.

"I can't say for sure, but it seems like some kind of manipulation that was caused when his blade left something inside his body." Carol whispered as Spectral forced Solus down by placing his palm against the Earth.