Chapter Twelve: Beginning of the End

Hey guys, Gumbo here. So sorry for the delays between chapters, I've been real busy. Anyways, after messaging a few readers I have come to the conclusion to post a massive chapter, which is the finale for part one! An epilogue for the part will be released as soon as I finish it. Thanks for all the support!

Location: New York City, 3123

Karn turned towards the Spider Army, his mask hiding whatever expression was on his face. He took a few menacing steps towards Miles, a bladed staff materializing in his hands.

"You've made a mistake coming here." Karn growled, spinning the staff around before planting it into the floor. 

"Karn, son of Solus and Matriarch. Brother of Morlun, Bora, Brix, Daemos, Jennix, and Verna. You were cast out of the Inheritors and forced to wear a mask after your mother died while trying to capture the Master Weaver." Jessica stepped to the front of the group, everyone else falling silent as she spoke. "All your family has ever done is punish and oppress you. Why do you keep working for them?"

"I made a promise to avenge my mother and to earn my place back in the Inheritors." Karn growled as the staff flew out of Miles' hands and into his. "Thanks to you all, once I absorb all of your life forces, they will greet me at home with open arms." 

"They're using you, Karn. I know that's not what you want to realize, but it's the truth." Jessica asked. "I talked to the Master Weaver, and he told me what happens to you." This seemed to catch Karn's interest as he didn't make any movement towards them, waiting for her to continue. 

"He said that if things continue to go the way they're going, Morlun will absorb your life force in order to fight us and he will fail. Don't you see? Even after everything you did to redeem yourself, you're going to be tossed aside again. Help us stop your family from destroying everything you've worked for, and everything we care about." Karn fell silent, no one making a sound until he finally looked up, his staff disappearing. 

"The Master Weaver has been killed. If you want to get moving, now's the time." Karn said. 

"Are you sure we can trust him?" Superior asked Jessica, who pressed a button on her watch. 

"We're going to have to." Jessica replied before she took a step forward as the portal opened. "You heard him, let's go. But I'd like to make a quick stop first."

Location: The Wasteland, Earth-3145

Ben sat in his rocking chair, staring into the cloudy sky, sighing quietly. He slowly stood up as the air parted in front of him, a portal opening as Jessica stepped out, followed by Peter, Superior, and the rest of the Spider Army. Peter walked up to Ben, holding out a watch, offering it to him. Ben looked at it, a small sigh leaving him. 

"Why'd you come back?" Ben asked.

"I told you, Ben. I'll still have a watch for you." Peter replied, still holding out the watch. Ben shook his head as he began to sit back down, when Superior angrily pushed his way in front of Peter. 

"You listen here. We're wasting valuable time because everyone insisted to come back and give you a chance to join them. Yeah you messed up, but you have a chance to redeem your sorry ass. You still have your powers, which means you still have responsibilities. So, if I were you, I'd get off that chair and come fight so the other Bens don't have to deal with what you had to deal with." Superior said, his voice firm and set. Ben looked at Superior, a small chuckle leaving his mouth.