Chapter Seven: The Spider Army

Location: The Great Web, TRN588>616

"How could you just stand there? We could have saved him," Jessica said angrily as she paced around the tunnel. Everyone else was silent, but the answer was clear.

"There was no telling how many more of us could have gotten hurt if we all attacked," Peter (Superior) stated, rubbing his temples with his fingers as he thought quietly. "He made the necessary sacrifice-"

"He killed himself trying to fight Daemos," Peter (616) said, giving his parallel a harsh look.

"In order to save the rest of us," Peter (Superior) finished, returning the same look.

"Enough." Miguel said as he stepped in between the two Peters. "Arguing won't get us anywhere. We need to focus on stopping the Inheritors. Once we arrive at our destination, we'll set up a safe house, then continue from there. We'll find Miles, recruit other Spiders, then finish the Inheritors once and for all."

"It won't be that easy, the Inheritors are some of the strongest beings in the Multiverse," Peter (Superior) interjected as he crossed his arms.

"I never said it would be easy, but we're going to do it," Miguel said, determined. There were a few nods and grunts in response, but no one argued against him. They sat in relative silence until they were greeted with the sight of the humming portal.

"We're here," Peter (616) said as he stood up, walking through the portal as he pulled his mask over his face. Everyone else soon followed, putting their masks on if they haven't already, where they found themselves standing on the roof of a tall building.

"Where are we?" Peni asked as she sat on top of SP//dr, looking around the city.

"Why you are on top of Oscorp HQ." The Spiders turned to find Doc Ock (2099) standing there, her metallic arms clawing the air as she smiled at them.

"Doc," Miguel growled, walking to the front of the group as he glared angrily at her.

"Not just me, Miguel. I took your words seriously, and this time, I brought an army." More metallic arms could be heard as several other Docs made their way to the roof, accompanied by a few Green Goblins and Scorpions.

"Now this is going to be fun," Doc said, before firing herself towards the Spiders, her claws extended.

Location: New York City, Earth-13

"So you're saying this isn't the first time it's happened." Miles walked next to Captain Universe as they made their way across the roofs of buildings, people and cars moving around below them.

"Yes, and no. This is the first time it's happening in this multiverse, but it has happened in other multiverses before." Captain Universe said, smiling at Miles' confused look. "Think of a multiverse as one dimension. There are parallel multiverses, just like there are parallel dimensions."

"Wait, that's great, isn't it? Then you could just tell us what we need to do in order to defeat the Inheritors, and everything can return to normal!" Miles said as hopped onto another roof.

"I wish it was that easy, Miles." Captain Universe sighed, causing Miles to stop walking and look back in confusion. "You see, the multiverse we live in is kept alive by what we call The Great Web. Some call it The Web of Life and Destiny, but it essentially keeps everything in balance. Then there are entities called Spider Totems, who are responsible for keeping The Great Web intact, but can also very well cause the destruction of it."