Chapter Nineteen: Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Location: The Valley

"The whaaa?" Miles asked, still a little disoriented. Rubbing his head, he looked at the tall, spider-like figure. "Are you like a fortune teller or something?"

"I wouldn't say that." The All Seeing-Spider said as they rubbed their chin. "I just see things that most people don't."

Gwen. Miles immediately stood up, looking around wildly.

"W-wait. I have to find someone. I-I need to go. Can you please send me to Earth-45?" Miles asked pleadingly. "My friend is there. She-"

"I know." All Seeing said as they looked at Miles. "I'm the All Seeing-Spider for a reason. The power I have may very well be a curse. I see the good and the bad. I see all of it."

"You do?" Miles asked as he closed his eyes, trying to calm his jumbling thoughts. "My friend... girlfriend. Gwen Stacy. Can you please tell me if she's alive or not?" Miles asked. All Seeing looked at Miles, tilting their head slightly.

"Do you care about this Gwen Stacy a lot?" All Seeing asked. Miles nodded, a serious and fierce look on his face.

"Yes, I care about her a lot. I'd die for her." Miles said, rubbing the back of his neck as his face turned a light pink.

"Ah, I see." All Seeing said as they crossed their arms. "Unfortunately I cannot tell you her condition, as that's not what I'm supposed to do."

"So you're saying that I was brought here for a reason.." Miles asked as he looked at All Seeing, who nodded.

"Everything that happens, happens for a reason." All Seeing said. "You were brought here because you need to get stronger. The Inheritors Of Creation and the Creators Of Inheritance are very powerful opponents. Your allies will struggle, but when they need help the most, you shall be there. However, if you want to prove useful, train with me."

"If... If it means I will get back to them and beat the Inheritors, I'll do it." Miles said as he clenched his fist. He'd do this for everyone. Especially Gwen. Especially her. "A quick question, how long will it take?"

"Time here is irrelevant." All Seeing said as they spread their arms to the vast open field. "We could be in here for days or years, but the timing will work out back there."

"So no matter what, I'll be on time." Miles said as he mumbled quietly to himself. Miles then looked up with a newfound look of determination on his face. "All right, what's the first step of my training?"

"First?" All Seeing said as they opened their arms, as if welcoming him with a hug. "Come and attack me."

Location: Brookline, New Yorke

"This isn't happening." Peter mumbled as he paced around the apartment, his head in his hands. "They're not dead, they're strong kids. There's no way they'd die. Right guys?"

Everyone seemed to be on edge or in shock after what happened. Peni, Porker, and Noir huddled on the couch. Violet and Carol talked quietly at the table, while Lucky half heartedly fidgeted with his drones. Lukus and Spectral stood on the roof as they looked down at the city, busy with life.