Chapter Ten: End Of The Beginning

Location: The Cloning Facility, Earth-802

"Alright, what's next?" Ben whispered as they climbed through the vents, peeking through occasional slants. "This doesn't look like a cloning facility at all. More like a thirty-five-story tall office building."

"Do you ever shut up? The Ben in my universe talked less in his whole life than you did in ten minutes." Kaine growled silently as he stopped at a vent, peering through. "Found it." Ben and Jessica crawled over to the vent, looking through.

"Are there that many clones in there?" Ben asked as he raised his leg to kick the vent, but stopped vent Jessica raised her hand.

"Wait, I hear someone. Quiet." Jessica whispered as they watched a cell open, and Jennix walking out as he looked around the lab. Footsteps echoed from the other end of the hallway as Daemos walked over.

"I have retrieved the Scion. What about you? Seems like you ran into a bit of trouble," Daemos sneered as he handed a towel to Jennix. "You weren't always the fighting type."

"That you are right, brother. I'm done with fighting. I will only from a distance. Call me what you will, but I'm finished." Jennix said as he put on a lab coat, before walking over to a computer. "Now with the Scion, we only need to retrieve The Other, and The Bride. Go, Morlun and Solus will be waiting. Their victory over Captain Universe will be a great victory for our cause."

"What? Captain Universe is dead?" Ben whispered, his voice shaking. Kaine and Jessica didn't respond but chose instead to continue listening.

"Let us go to Loomworld. We will celebrate our victory there." Daemos said, earning a nod from Jennix before they opened a portal, walking through it. Ben waited until the portal closed, before kicking the vent open and climbing out.

"Are you an idiot? What if there's someone else here?" Kaine whispered harshly as Ben hopped down into the lab, walking over to the control panel. Jessica and Kaine climbing out of the vent after a few seconds.

"For a man who can create countless clones of himself and others, the programming is pretty basic." Ben muttered as he began to type into the computer, scrolling through countless programs.

"Since when were you a computer geek?" Kaine asked as he looked at the tubes.

"May have taken a class or two in school," Ben replied, continuing to search the computer as Jessica and Kaine walked around the lab.

"Huh. They were cloning Spidermen as well," Jessica said, looking at tubes which contained clones of countless Spidermen. "I wonder what they were used for."

"Probably for target practice," Kaine said dryly before looking at Ben. "How's our computer geek doing?"

"Found it." Ben said as he pulled up a tab onto the screen.

"What is that exactly?" Jessica asked as she walked over.

"The termination button," Ben replied simply as he typed a few words into the program. Red lights began to flash as a monotone voice began to sound throughout the facility.

"Termination program has been activated. Building will begin to lockdown in ten seconds." Ben looked back at Jessica and Kaine, raising his hands.