Chapter Twenty Six: After

"Thank you for tuning in to Sanee TV. We apologize for the delay of the season premiere of Samurai Mack, due to some unexplained problems. However, the grid has been restored and we are happy to announce the season premiere will begin in approximately five minutes." The TV announcer said before the program rolled to commercial break.

"Hurry, guys. We don't want to miss it!" Carol called as all the Spiders piled into the large living room.

"I have waited too long for this." Spectral muttered, while Lukus nodded in agreement. Spiders from both multiverses sat on the couches, the floor, or hung off the ceiling while they watched the commercials.

"Hey, where's Gwen?" Peni asked as she sat on top of SP//dr. There were murmors as the Spiders looked at each other, before Carol pointed at the kitchen.

"She's in there, but she'll be back before the
premiere starts. Don't worry!" Carol said, giving them a thumbs up, before turning back around to look at the TV. Sitting in the kitchen, Gwen let out a soft sigh as she stared out the window. The events after Miles brought his sword down were still clear in her memory. Instead of killing them, he managed to rewind their age until they were all infants. Spider-Ma'am said she'd take care of them, so that problem was solved. Miles had disappeared shortly after, though no one knew where he went.

"Where are you, idiot." Gwen said, her voice choking slightly. "After everything that happened, we managed to win. So, why'd you run off? Without saying goodbye or anything. I couldn't remember anything from before my head injury, yet it all came back as soon as I saw you. How can I say thanks, with you gone?"

"I never meant to leave you. I had no choice."

"Great, now I'm hearing things." Gwen said, her voice shaky as she rubbed her eyes on her sleeve. "I know you didn't leave on purpose. I was... I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. We both know that you would have done the same thing if you were in my position." Miles said as he appeared, sitting in front of her. Gwen blinked, her hands trembling as she gently reached forward and touched his cheek to make sure he was really there. "I promise I won't leave now. I should be the one who's saying sorry."

"Miles?" Gwen asked, her voice full of shock and emotion. Was this real? Or had her grief reached the next level? "This isn't some sick trick, right?"

"Nope, I'm here." Miles said, chuckling as he wiped a tear off her cheek with his thumb. "Don't cry, or else it'll make me cry."

"You're such a jerk." Gwen said as she tackled Miles, before bursting into tears. Miles smiled as he kissed her forehead, gently patting her back.

"I know." Miles said, before he was pulled into a kiss. Carol peeked her head through the doorway, just as they kissed.

"Oh, hey Gwen. Try not to make out with Miles in the kitchen." Carol said before she disappeared behind the doorway, before bolting in a few moments later. "WAIT MILES?"

"This is rather interesting." The One Above All said as he watched the Spiders cram into the kitchen, either to welcome Miles back, ask where he went, or give him a beating for running off without telling anyone. "When people agree to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, I always assume it is because they believe they have no purpose left in their world. Miles, however, seemed to accept the offer solely because he knew it would benefit the Multiverse and his friends."

"He has a rather admirable character. I believe you made the right decision letting him return back."

"No, I believe you made the right choice, by deciding to take his place for him." One Above All said as All Seeing stood next to him. "It would have taken many years for him to prove collateral to the Inheritors, but a fraction of your power was more than sufficient."

"I intended to take his place from the beginning." All Seeing said as they raised their eight hands into the air. "I will be on my way. I hope to meet you again, teacher."

"I can teach those how to use power, but it takes a good heart and strong will to use that power correctly. I thank you for becoming who you are today." One Above All said, nodding at All Seeing before watching them disappear into a portal. He turned back to watch the Spiders as they gathered back in the other room, the premiere for Samurai Mack beginning to play.

"My sensei always said not to get too used to something, as things will always change. The people, the world, and even the universe. Nothing will ever remain the same, no matter how much you try to make it seem. The only option is to push forward. If it seems like you're at rock bottom, just know that it can only get better. Every harsh end is a beginning for something better. Even if you think you're alone, you have many people just like you everywhere around you. As a wise man once said to my sensei, who has relayed it to me, is to be a part of something bigger."

"I feel like I've heard that quote before." Peter Parker mumbled. Kaine smacked his arm to make him be quiet.

"So. This is the start of my final story, but it may be a new beginning for you. Once you finish watching my story, go out there and show the world what you can do. Show them that one person, even alone, can change the world. If you have no one standing beside you, I will. It is time to write a new chapter to your story. My name is Samurai Mack, and this is my final chapter."

"So, like, for us is this an end or beginning? It's really making my head hurt." Ben said as he appeared in the air while scratching the back of his head. Everyone let out a small groan, before laughing.

"It's safe to assume that this is a new beginning." Miles said as he held Gwen's hand. "Even if things may have changed, I'm ready for what's next."

End.