Chapter Sixteen: Portals

Hey guys, Gumbo here! Sorry for the slightly late update :3 School is almost over, so hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently after that. Also, please make sure to leave a vote and comment if you enjoy reading the story!

Location: Brooklyn, New York

"I can do this all day." Lukus snarled as he slowly stood up, raising his fists. Letting out a slow breath, his irises turned red as he charged at Morlun. "You'll pay for all the death and destruction you've caused!"

"I don't even know who you are." Morlun growled as he sidestepped, dodging Lukus' punch, before kneeing him in the gut. As Lukus doubled over, Morlun raised his hand, the air flickering purple before a large explosion went off. Lukus flew back, crashing into a lamppost, before landing on the ground. Morlun chuckled as he slowly walked towards Lukus. "Do you really think you can defeat me?"

"I don't think I can." Lukus said as he looked up, a grin appearing on his face. "But they will."

"They?" Morlun turned around, getting smacked in the face with a large wooden hammer. Peni and Noir ran over to help Lukus up while SP//dr, Gwen, and Peter B swung at Morlun. Even with it being three on one, Morlun had the upperhand, sending all three flying in a matter of seconds.

"As much as I'd like to think, we're no match against him." Lukus growled when the spiders regrouped. Morlun laughed as he crossed his arms, purple orbs forming around him.

"At least one of you is somewhat competent. Know your place when it comes to power. I'll be seeing you all soon, especially you." Morlun said, looking at Lukus. Then the purple orbs fired.

"Get down!" Gwen shouted before the orbs hit them, explosions going off. Smoke filled the street as the Spiders slowly rose, coughing. Once the dust cleared, Morlun was nowhere to be seen.

"What the heck was that?" Gwen asked as she checked the others for any injuries.

"That was just a declaration of war." Lukus said, patting dust and debris off of him.

"Between who?" Peni asked as she climbed into SP//dr.

"The Inheritors against everyone else in both our Multiverses."

------

Location: Brookline, New Yorke

"It sounds like your version of the Inheritors are a lot weaker." Miles said, while tossing a ball at the ceiling, then catching it when it fell.

"Well, the Creators gain their power from radiation." Carol said as she tied her hair into a ponytail. "No one knows how or why, but that's just how it was. We managed to drag them here and defeat them, though they were still strong even without a source of power. I imagine your Inheritors are much stronger if their power is only limited by radiation."

"So if I managed to make some bytes that carry around radiation, do you think we can defeat your Inheritors?" Lucky asked as one of his spider drones landed on his finger.

"I don't know." Miles said as he caught the ball, then set it down on the table. "I guess the only way to know is if we try it. I need to get back to my friends, because they could be in da-"