Chapter Seventeen: Shattered Dimensions

"All right everyone, wake up!" Carol said excitedly, smiling as everyone groaned, while slowly waking up. Making her way to the living room, she raised an eyebrow in surprise when she saw Lukus and Spectral sitting together at the table.

"Wow, you two are up early. Did something happen?"

"We just had a chat." Lukus said as he let out a small yawn, Spectral nodding in agreement. "Get everyone here. We need to discuss something." In a few minutes, everyone had woken up and gathered at table, chatting amongst themselves. Lukus stood up as everyone quieted down.

"Morning. As you all know, there's a rather interesting situation occurring at the-"

"Cut to the chase. Less talk, more walk." Lucky said as he let out an audible yawn. Lukus scowled, though his eyes glinted humorously.

"Alrgiht. I spoke with Spectral last night, and we think we have a way to fix this whole mess." Lukus said as the sun began to rise in the distance. "When the multiverses collided, portals were opened up. Even though our multiverses are intertwined forever, we can stop the random tears between them from opening up."

"How are we going to do that?" Carol asked.

"The energy released by the collision was an extreme amount of dark energy. Too much dark energy expands the universe at too fast a rate, essentially tearing it from the inside out. This is the same case with the multiverse." Lukus said as he grabbed three glasses of water, one full, one half full, and one empty. "The Inheritors have absorbed and are exerting a large amount of dark energy with every attack, which was the purple energy blasts. This is speeding up the tearing of the Multiverses."

"Wait. So, you're saying if we somehow stop the Inheritors from exerting all that dark energy, it'll fix the problem?" Miles asked.

"It may not fix it entirely, we're still unsure." Spectral said as he looked around the room, an eye glowing through one of the eight slits. "However, it would exponentially decrease the number of portals forming."

"So how would we do this?" Gwen asked as she took the full glass of water and poured half of it into the empty one. "Do we have some sort of energy manipulating device?"

"I have a prototype at the moment." Lucky said as he held up a pair of handcuffs. "They don't manipulate the energy, but they can neutralize it. Here, Miles, do that weird fireworks thingy with your arm."

"Fireworks thingy?" Miles asked, realizing he was talking about the venom shots. "Wait. How do you know I can do that?"

"Oh uh, I did research." Lucky said as he gave Miles a thumbs up. "Anyways, hit it." Miles shrugged as he raised his hand in the air, bolts of electricity forming on his arm as it slowly climbed towards his wrist. Then, Lucky slapped the handcuffs on, and the electricity quickly disappeared.

"Wow." Miles said as he tried to use his venom shot, but nothing came. Lucky took the cuffs off, and he was able to do it again. "That's cool. Do you think it'll be strong to work on the Inheritors, though?"

"Definitely on the weaker ones, but I'm not sure about those like Morlun and Daemos." Lucky said as he put the handcuffs in his backpack, then produced a case with six silver watches. "But, I did get you all your very own portal navigator!"