Chapter Twenty: Carnage and Chaos

"You're what now?" Porker asked as he slowly withdrew his wooden hammer. He glanced at Peni, who was typing furiously inside SP//dr. They just had to stall enough for the portal to open, then they'd go to the others.

"They found Gwen." Peni said as she continued typing. "But she doesn't remember anything. She probably suffered a head injury."

"How can you say that so calmly?" Troy snarled, looking at Peni before seeing her sparkling eyes and tears streaming down her face. "Ah, never mind."

"Never mind? That's all you say. Such a gentleman." Porker grumbled.

"...What." Venom snarled as he let out a roar, black spikes erupting out of the ground as they headed towards the Spiders. "I am Venom! I am fear! And I am hungry!"

"Pffft, hahaha." Troy snickered as he raised his hands, claws extending from his fingers. "Spare me the speech. We got friends we have to save, and we got no time for your nonsense."

"Nonsense. You will experience the true and raw power of Venom. Fall onto your knees and beg, and I may spar-"

Slice

Venom's  arm fell onto the road, twitching slightly before turning into black liquid, quickly reattaching and reforming onto his  body. Spectral sighed as he slowly sheathed his sword, one eye glowing.

"We will only ask you once more. Leave, or you will face the consequences." Spectral said, gripping the handle. Venom tilted his head slightly, before running towards Spectral, each step crushing the pavement below his foot.

"The only consequence I'll be facing is the regret that I should have killed you all slower." Venom hissed as he extended his arm towards Spectral, black spikes branching out in different directions.

"I'll admit, you're fast." Spect al said as three eyes began to glow. "But not fast enough."

"Huh?" Venom snarled before the blade of the katana split him in half. Spectral continued to swing his katana again and again until Venom was reduced to a puddle on the street.

"You do realize these simple attacks won't work on me." Venom growled as Spectral shrugged.

"I know, but who ever said I was trying to harm you?" Spectral said as a portal appeared and the Spiders began to run through.

"Trying to run? You aren't going anywhere!" Venom said, letting out a roar as he ran towards the portal, but was too late. The portal closed as Venom crashed into the side of a building, grumbling as he stepped back, rubbing his head.

"Found you." A hooded figure landed behind Venom as a spider symbol glowed on his chest. "You're not getting away this time."

Location: Lab Ruins, Earth-45

"Is fighting really our only option?" Violet asked as Carnage walked in a slow circle, his gaze never leaving them.

"It's not like he's giving us a choice." Lukus said as he tapped his foot impatiently. "The others should be here by now. Did something happen?"

"Well speak of the devil." Peter said as the portal opened and the other Spiders tumbled out.

"Hey everyone, oh. You're fighting Mr. Goo also?" Porker asked as he pulled out his hammer. "I'll make sure to smash him properly this time."