Chapter Fourteen: When Worlds Collide

Six months after the Inheritors were defeated.

The streets were full of people, all staring at TVs that were projecting live news. Murmurs spread throughout the people like wildfire as different stations began to talk about what was happening, with different people coming in and out to try and explain what was going on.

"I wasn't sure when it happened..."

"It was about ten at night..."

"Just put the kids to bed."

"Then I could see something bright through the window."

"It was like the sun and moon were ripped in half, then mushed into each other."

"Half of the sky was blue, the other dark."

"I swear I could see planets in the distance. None that I recognized."

"Not only that, buildings aren't the same."

"People are disappearing and appearing out of nowhere."

"Nothing is right. It's like..."

"Messing up your Rubik's cube..."

"Finding your paint cans' labels switched, so you don't know what color is what..."

"Getting your shoelaces in a knot that you can't untie..."

"Accidentally messing up the programming and not knowing how to fix it."

"Trying to solve a problem, but more keep popping up."

"Ordering a hot dog, but the order keeps changing."

"So, what are you making of this situation?"

"Something is happening. And it's not good."

3 Hours Earlier

Location: Brooklyn, New York

"Ay Miles, wanna grab a bite after school?" The school bell rang as kids poured down the steps of the school. Miles walked down the steps with Ganke and a few other classmates.

"Nah, I can't come today, sorry. I have other things I need to get done." Miles said as he slid down the railing of the steps. "Maybe some other time. How does that sound?"

"Aww Miles, do you have a date to go to?" A friend asked playfully, earning a scoff from Miles.

"A date? Yeah right." Miles said, looking away as he did his best to hide the small smile on his face. Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he looked back to find Gwen standing there with a grin on her face.

"Hey." She said, her grin widening as she drew her hand back. "So, you busy here, or are you ready to go?" Miles looked back at his friends, letting out a small sigh when he saw their smiles and grins. Rolling his eyes, he nodded to Gwen and followed her down the steps.