Chapter Twenty Four: The End of All Creation (Part 1)

"I don't think so." Morlun said as he grabbed Miles's hand while Solus stumbled back, clutching his wound as electricity sparkled at the entry and exit marks. Miles let out a gasp as his sword disappeared, while Bora's knife appeared in his gut.

"Shh." Bora whispered into his ear as the Inheritors began to circle up around Miles, who fell onto his knees, trembling slightly.

"You bastards!" Lukus shouted as he ran towards them, his right-hand glowing as his left arm trailed behind him. Morlun whirled around, a kick landing right in his chest as he flew back, crashing onto the ground.

"Damn it, we have to help him!" Peter said as he tried to stand up but stopped as Lucky pushed him back down.

"We can't." Lucky said, his voice choked as he looked away.

"Let go of me, kid." Peter said as he tried to sit up again, glaring furiously at The Inheritors. "They're going to kill Miles at this rate."

"We're walking into our own deaths if we try to fight them." Lucky hissed back as he webbed Peter down. "I don't want to lose another friend. Look around you. No one is in a condition to fight."

"We could still try." Gwen murmured, her body trembling as she slowly stood. Her eyes widened as she saw Bora raise her other knife above her head. "No!"

"Haha! Die, Spider!" Bora screamed as she plunged her knife down. Miles raised his hand, catching the blade as he slowly looked up, his eyes narrowed. Disappearing, the knife clattered on the ground as Miles reappeared in front of Spectral, clutching his gut.

"Miles, you're hurt." Spectral said as he lay amongst the rocks, seemingly unable to move. Miles knelt next to him as he let out a ragged breath.

"I'll be fine. Tell me, is there any way to beat these guys?" Miles asked as he spun a bandage with his webbing and wrapped it tightly around his stomach.

"Ah, I'm not sure." Spectral said as he slowly sat up, looking at his katana, the blade broken in half. "All I can do is offer you some energy. It won't be much, but it should help."

"Thanks, All Seeing." Miles said, chuckling as he glanced at the Inheritors who were slowly advancing, before turning back to Spectral's shocked expression through the mask.

"You're quite observant. How did you find out?" Spectral asked. Miles shrugged as he slowly stood up.

"I just took a gamble. I assume Spectral would have gone all out if it was only him fighting. Spectral- er, you knew I would come, so you somehow had him reserve some energy just in case things went downhill. You probably saw that also." Miles said as he extended his hand, an electric sword forming in his hand. Spectral chuckled as he extended his hand towards Miles.

"Smart. Your progress is admirable. Once Spectral lends you the power, he'll be out for a bit. I look forward to talking to you later." All Seeing said as Miles felt a rush of energy course through him. Spectral leaned back against the wall, unmoving as Miles brandished his sword, electricity seemingly running along his whole body.

"Well this is new." Miles said, smiling as he looked at the Inheritors, his eyes glowing blue. "I kinda like it."

"This time I'll make sure you stay down for good!" Morlun roared as the Inheritors raced towards Miles. Shifting his stance, Miles swung his blade as he reached the first Inheritor. A bright flash filled the air as a large explosion erupted in the area.