Chapter Twenty Two: Battle At No Man's Land

"Ah, I remember you." Solus said, smiling as he stepped away from the Living Tribunal, heading towards the Spiders. "You're the one that gave my family a hard time. Sorry to say, but things are different now."

"Yeah. This time, I'll make sure I take care of you. For good." Lukus said as the Spiders lined up next to him, watching as the Inheritors lined up across from them.

"You missing someone?" Morlun asked as he chuckled. "Doesn't matter. Miles was a pain anyways."

"You shut up." Gwen said in a fierce tone through her mask.

"Ah, are you the girlfriend?" Brix asked, grinning as he took out a spiked whip.

"What if I am? Bad mouth him and I'll kick your butt."  Gwen asked as she raised her fists. She glanced over at Peter, who was stifling a laugh. "Was that good?"

"Perfect." Peter whispered back as he gave her a thumbs up, earning a sideways glance from the other Spiders.

"Anyways." Lukus said as he cleared his throat, glancing at The Living Tribunal. "We've come to put your little scheme to an end."

"I feel like I've heard that a lot recently." Solus said as he stroked his beard. "Look. The Creator side of me seems to want you dead, but I have a proposal. Leave with your insolent friends and we shall spare you when we take over this multiverse."

"I feel like I've heard that a lot as well." Lukus said as he put his mask on, the red X gleaming. "Sorry, but I'm going to have to decline. I'd rather not let a group of power-hungry freaks take over my home."

"Hmph, so be it." Solus said as he smiled, his eyes beginning to glow purple and green. "To be honest, I've been waiting to fight you. Take no offense, but I'll enjoy the moment I dispose of your lifeless body."

"None taken." Lukus said as he took a step forward, the Spiders walking beside him, The Inheritors beginning to advance as well.

"Let's finish this. There's a nice kabob place in the city that I'd like to try once we're done." Lukus said as he ran towards Solus. Spectral ran at Morlun; Gwen and Carol fought Verna; Violet and Peni fought Bora; Troy, Peter, and Lucky fought Daemos, and Porker and Noir fought Brix.

"Seems like a fun matchup, I dig it." Brix said as he lashed his whip out. "Sorry Spiders, but I don't think it's a good matchup for you."

"You're still as fierce as ever, Troy." Bora said as she kicked Violet down. "My offer for dinner still stands."

"Yeah right. Maybe if you stopped this madness, I'd possibly consider talking to you." Troy growled as he extended his claws, swinging at Brix.

"People don't talk this much when they fight." Peter huffed as he fires webs at Daemos while Lucky and Troy kicked him back.

"Seems like a pretty even matchup." Lukus grinned as four glowing eyes could be seen floating on his mask.

"I'm surprised. You know Morlun is stronger than me, yet you put your weaker friend against him. Why do you insist on fighting me? Is it because of revenge? Or did you really think I was stronger?"
Solus said. Lukus blinked before bursting into a fit of laughter. Solus growled as he ran towards Lukus, "Why are you laughing? What's so funny?"