Chapter Twenty One: The Blind Lawyer

"Matt, you son of a bitch." Frank said, chuckling as he slowly stood up, cradling his arm. Matt nodded in the direction of Frank's voice before turning to look back towards Chaos. "You've been causing quite the trouble here lately." 

"Daredevil." Chaos hissed as he slowly stood up. "The last defender. Hopefully you'll be more fun than your other friends."

"So it was you." Matt said, his voice eerily calm. He cracked his fingers, his baton tucked under his armpit. "You must be something if you took down Luke, Jessica, and Daniel. Truth is, I'm dying to punch you in the face right now, but I'd figure I'd make one thing clear. This is where you die."

"What makes you so sure?" Chaos asked as they walked in a slow circle around Matt. "How can a blind man with a stick defeat me? If you can't hear me, then you can't see me."

"Hah." Matt growled  as Chaos silently ran towards him. 

"Watch out!" Frank shouted, though Matt was already one step ahead. Stepping aside, Matt easily caught Chaos's fist with his palm, the force of the punch barely making him move. 

"You really thought I was that weak?" Matt asked as he faced Chaos, his scowl slowly growing. 

"So that's what happened to him." Frank murmured as Matt ran towards Chaos, his fist beginning to glow orange. "He somehow managed to retain a bit of his friends' powers. Jessica's speed, Luke's endurance, and Daniel's strength." 

"That was for Jessica!" Matt shouted as his fist connected with Chaos, sending them flying. Easily catching up, Matt kicked them up in the air before delivering a punch when they fell down. "That was for Luke." 

"And this." Matt growled as his fist glowed a bright orange. Slamming his fist into Chaos, the symbiote let out a hiss before crashing deep into the Earth. "Is for Daniel." 

"He's strong." Frank murmured as he took out a zippo and glass bottle with a rag stuffed in the collar. "Lukus. Take your friends and go on ahead. Matt and I will deal with him."

"Right." Lukus said as he nodded at Lucky, who called for a portal. A few moments later, it opened up as the Spiders began to walk through, leaving Matt and Frank with Chaos. 

"You want to end him?" Frank asked. Matt shook his head as he gave the ground a small smile. 

"You go ahead. I already did what I needed to do, avenging them. But you, still have to punish Chaos." Matt said as his baton slowly shifted into a walking stick. "Now if you excuse me, I have a case in ten minutes. I'll see you later." 

"Yeah." Frank said as he lit the molotov, looking down at Chaos before dropping the bottle. "See you."

Location: Lab Ruins, Earth-45>New Yorke, Earth-!*@

"He was so cool." Porker sighed as he walked around the group of Spiders. Spectral seemed to be better, as the wounds were covered with a cell repairing gel. 

"Wait, explain this one more time." Gwen said, still trying to make sense of this whole situation. "So, some power obsessed family is going around the Multiverse and threatening the safety of the Multiverse?"

"Pretty much." Peter said as he took out a photo of the original six, crammed into a photobooth, all posing for a picture. "You remember this? It was when you went to the arcade with us, and it was also one of your first dates with Miles."