Chapter Nine: The Annihlation

Location: New York City, Earth-13

"You're foolish to come here. Both of you." Captain Universe said, orange rings forming around his hands as he fired them at Morlun and Jennix, who easily dodged them. "You should have stayed at Loomworld and never threatened the safety of the multiverse, and especially my universe."

"And you are foolish to think that we would listen and follow something like that," Morlun growled, flying towards Captain as the other Spiders began fight Jennix. "The Inheritors will be victorious one way or another. The death of all Spidermen is inevitable."

Captain yelled as he punched Morlun, pushing him back a few feet. He turned to find the other Spidermen fighting Jennix, the four on one being an almost even match. He was then thrown back as Morlun crashed into him, sending him crashing through the door and tumbling down the stairs.

"Captain!" He heard May shout as he stood up, shaking his head.

"Stay back and warn the others!" He shouted back before flying back up the stairs, his fists connecting with Morlun's. Captain and Morlun exchanged numerous blows before he heard Ashley shout. Captain turned to find Jennix approaching Captain Spider, his eyes turning orange as his hands began to glow. Captain pushed Morlun aside, flying towards Jennix. His hands formed white atomic rings, which he pressed against Jennix's back, and then he was gone. Captain heard an enraged yell as Morlun lunged at him.

"Get the others and get out of here!" Captain said, blocking an array of attacks from Morlun. He was knocked back as Morlun drive his knee into his gut, a small groan escaping his mouth as he hit the ground. Morlun walked up to him, his eyes blazing orange as he grabbed Captain by the throat, lifting him into the air.

"You'll regret killing Jennix," Morlun growled as he lifted his hand, his palm glowing orange but dimmed as it was webbed to his side.

"Sorry, but I'd like to keep two Captains on the team," Captain-Spider said as he swung towards Morlun, who caught him by the throat, dropping Captain Universe. Spider-Monkey ran up behind Morlun, swinging at him with a knife. The blade grazed Morlun's hair, as he spun around, grabbing Spider-Monkey as well.

"Get your hands off them!" Captain shouted as he flew towards Morlun, white orbs forming in his palms. Morlun dodged Captain's attacks, while holding onto the two struggling Spiders. Captain's blood ran cold when the sound of two snaps filled his ears as Morlun dropped the two limp bodies. Captain felt something that he hadn't felt in a while. Rage. Captain pressed his hands against Morlun's chest, blinding light emitting from his palms as Morlun was sent flying into the air, smoke trailing behind him. He then ran over to the bodies of Captain Spider and Spider-Monkey. He checks of them for a pulse, but didn't find anything. He heard footsteps coming from the building as the Spidermen emerged, visibly alarmed.

"Cap? What's ha- oh no," May said, holding Benjy as she and the other spiders gathered around Captain and the two bodies. Captain slowly stood up, masking the anger on his face as he looked at the others.

"May, call for a portal and head to The Hub. I'll send a call when the Inheritors are gone." Captain said, looking at the Spidermen.

"Captain, with all due respect, I'm done with running away." Last Stand said as he drew a knife from his coat. "I don't know about the rest of you, but these Inheritors are pissing me off. It's time to show them that we're ready to put up a fight." There were murmurs of agreement as Captain shook his head.