2

2 | Second Thoughts & Such

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

"I said I'll be fine without it okay? Look, I appreciate that you care but it isn't that big of a deal." Aggravated, you took a sip of the milk that you held in your hand, not knowing what else to say.

"Not that big of a deal? Considering how you pretended that you were sick, it doesn't seem that way."

Then, the only thing you could hear was the sound of the wind. Just silence.

"That doesn't mean I can't handle it on my own. It was just a stupid crush. It's not like it'll kill me."

That's right. What was the point of making a big deal out of something so trivial. Having a crush for four years doesn't matter in the end, right?

"Thanks for trying to make me feel less shitty but I'll be okay, really

"Thanks for trying to make me feel less shitty but I'll be okay, really. I don't want to bother you. Plus, you should be using this time to be taking care of Hyemi instead-"

You fucked up there. Did you just make it too obvious then? Mentioning his girlfriend like that must have been a clear sign.

"Hyemi? I didn't even say anything about-"

You abruptly jolted up, almost startling him to change the subject, "Nakamoto Yuta, again, I appreciate that you're worried for me. But it's really not a big deal and I don't need your help. I'm sorry." It became awkward as you just stood there, feeling a bit guilty. "I should get to class. I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see you."

You began walking off when he called out your name; you slowly faced him.

"Just remember that my offer is always open." He smiled at you reassuringly, making your heart feel like it was about to explode. You nodded at him before bidding him goodbye as you headed off back in to the school.