18

18 | A Sad Bean

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

The next day, you came to school happily, wearing your necklace proudly. You felt so warm and fluffy inside knowing that you would he going to the concert with you. It almost gave you a bit of confidence with your feelings.

You smiled like an idiot as you walked through the halls when you saw him standing near the school entrance.

"Yuta! Morning!" You waved happily.

You expected to see his normal, warm, beaming smile, but it never showed up. He didn't even spare a glance at you. Maybe he just didn't see you.

"Yuta? Nakamoto Yuta? Are you deaf?" You asked, walking towards him.

"Ah, Jiyoung. I-I can't talk right now. Sorry." He left quickly, heading the other direction.

"What the hell? That was weird." You mumbled. However, you didn't think much of it. Maybe he had his own business to deal with.

The day went by pretty quickly; you were mainly lost in your thoughts, mainly thinking about what Yuta was up to earlier that morning

The day went by pretty quickly; you were mainly lost in your thoughts, mainly thinking about what Yuta was up to earlier that morning. Class ended soon enough and everyone began packing up to head out.

You noticed Yuta rushing to leave the classroom when you caught up to him.

"Hey, you're acting pretty weird today. What's wrong?" You asked, geniuenly concerned. Was he sick? What was going on?

"I'm fine. I can'tㅡ"

"By the way, I was going to ask you about the concert. What time should we meet at theㅡ"

"Jiyoung."

That scared you a bit. You had never heard such a firm tone in his voice.