8

[ this chapter will be in Yuta's perspective,, just for future reference, whenever it starts with a '+' followed by a character name, that chapter will be in their perspective ]

8 | Another Point of View

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Nakamoto Yuta

Yuta threw himself on to his bed and held his phone in his hand, scrolling through his contacts until he found your number.

When you picked up, a bright smile formed on his face. He could tell you were falling asleep by the sound of your voice.

He felt bad knowing that he woke you up, but after you had rushed off earlier with Jaehyun, he just wanted to hear your voice.

"It's alright, I'm gonna go back to sleep nowㅡ"

"Wait!"

He stopped you without thinking and now he didn't know what to do.

"Actually, nevermind. You should sleep now. Goodnight Jiyoung."

After the call ended, he slapped the side of his head with his palm.

"I'm an idiot." He mumbled, thinking back to earlier that evening. When you had left with Jaehyun, he couldn't stop thinking about... you.

How could he think like this? He couldn't be like this. Not again. This feeling would only hurt everyone around him. How could he be so selfish?

Regardless, he wanted to ask you about what you and Jaehyun talked about, how your date went and if you liked him at all.

But even so, he knew very well that he was in no position to be asking that.

Hyemi was his girlfriend. He liked Hyemi. Min Hyemi. Min Hyemi.

At least, that's what he kept telling himself.

He felt horrible. Was he a bad person for feeling this way? He felt like he was lying to everyone. You, his girlfriend, Sicheng, and most importantly, himself.

He thought he was okay and thought this feeling was gone a long time ago, but it wasn't. He really wasn't over it.

Or more specifically, he really wasn't  over you.

That's right, the girl Nakamoto Yuta told you about before; the one who he gave up on,

was you

and you had no idea.