13

13 | Stuck

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Dong Sicheng

"Do you think Jiyoung would like this?" Sicheng held up a hoodie that had a cartoon sloth on it. "It's her spirit animal."

Yuta laughed, "It does look like her, huh? But why?"

Sicheng hit him on the shoulder.

"What do you mean 'why'? It's her birthday soon you dumbass." Sicheng scoffed, "I can't believe you forgot."

"Shoot, you're right... I need to go look for a gift for her. Let's goㅡ"

"Uh, no? I need to pay for my gift first, the we can get yours. Jiyoung's my best friend after all."

After Sicheng payed for the hoodie, him and Yuta strolled around the mall, looking for another gift

"Hey, what about that?" Yuta had his eyes on a little jewelry store. "Maybe we can look in there?"

"Jiyoung? Wear jewelry? Do we know the same Jiyoung or..." Strangely enough, if you weren't there, Sicheng still found ways to tease you. If you were there though, you would have already trapped him in a headlock.

"She's still a girl though Sicheng. Come on, I need to buy her a gift."

And so, Yuta grabbed Sicheng's arm and dragged him over to the jewelry store.

He looked around for a while, absolutely clueless as to what you would like. He knew literally nothing about jewelry.

"Hi there, do you need any help?" A worker approached him after observing his airheaded ass wander around the store for ten minutes. "Would you like anything specific? There's a necklace that's quite popular with girls lately. I'll show you. It's affordable too." The worker took out a box from the counter and handed it to Yuta.

It was a silver chained necklace with a rose gold heart charm on the front.

"It's perfect. I'll take it." He beamed, happy that he found a gift for you.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"

So what did you end up getting Ji-Ji?" Sicheng asked, peeking inside of the bag Yuta was holding.

"I'll show you." He smiled as he opened the small box that held the necklace. "Tada! Do you think she'll like it?"

"Damn, you have good taste. I'm sure she'll like it."

"That's a relief." The two walked in silence again as Yuta arranged his thoughts, contemplating whether he should confide in Sicheng about his feelings. "Hey Sicheng? Can we talk for a sec?"

They sat down in front of a coffee shop, Yuta sipping nervously on his drink

"So are you gonna talk or what?"

"Oh, right... I need your help. I don't feel okay. I mean, lately, I uhㅡ"

"You still like Kang fucking Jiyoung, don't you?" He snapped, Yuta's eyes shot open. He kept his mouth shut and looked like a puppy that had just gotten kicked. "How'd you know?"

"wHAT DO YOU MEAN? YOU'RE SO OBVIOUS UGH." Sicheng exclaimed, taking a breath after to calm down. "When did you realize it?"

"Not too long ago... I know Hyemi's my girlfriend, but the feeling I have with her is different than when I'm with Jiyoung..." he mumbled as he fiddles with the straw. "When I'm with Jiyoung, I feel more relaxed. I don't want to admit it, but I think the reason I accepted Hyemi's confessionㅡ"

"Was to get over Jiyoung, right? Am I right or am I rIGHT?"

"I don't know for sure but... it seems that way."

Sicheng bit his lip, conflicted if he should tell Yuta about Hyemi. But he knew if he did, you would only get hurt in the process. He knew better than that. It was better to wait this time.

"Well if you know you don't actually have any romantic feelings for Hyemi, then isn't this relationship unhealthy? You're only leading her on."

"Do I break up with her then? No matter what, I'm the bad guy here and it's honestly killing me. I don't want to hurt anyone."

"Well either way, one of them will get hurt. Even though I'd rather have Hyemi hurt than Jiyoung but aHEMㅡ Think this through carefully."

Sicheng wondered whether he was giving the right advice. He wanted the best for both you and Yuta and he knew that if he said the wrong things, both of you would end up hurt.

"You know what? Talk to Jiyoung first. It'll help you solve things."

"But... I'm not the one Jiyoung likes. Even if I go talk to her, nothing will change."

Sicheng rolled his eyes so hard he almost went blind. He tried so hard to hold back the most important piece of information her knew as the middle man. He figured it was better that you both told each other yourselves, but it  was hard for him to watch you be so oblivious.

Sometimes he just wanted to yell, "YALL LIKE EACH OTHER. FUCK."

But maybe he'd wait just a little more to see how everything goes. Just a bit more...