23

23 | That's What Love Does

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

Jaehyun led you to the empty stairwell and had you sit down on one of the steps as he crouched down in front of you.

You felt like you were choking underneath all your crying. Everything you felt from that week came pouring out at once, and you were not having it.

You sobbed, clutching tightly on to the necklace that Yuta has given to you on your birthday.

"It's okay. Just breathe."

"W-Why won't he tell me anything?" You cried. "I don't get it..." Nothing made sense to you anymore. Confusion filled your head and all you could think was that this would be the end. Maybe it was time for you to give up. "Does he hate me?... Jaehyun, tell me what I should do. I don't know what to do..."

He sat there, terrified seeing you so hysteric. He didn't know what to do either. All Jaehyun wanted was for you to be okay.

"D-Did he find out that I like him? He thinks I'm disgusting for lying to him for all this time. I'm so greedy. Why am I like this..." You weeped, not even sparing a glance at Jaehyun. You didn't want anyone to see you like this. It felt horrible. "Maybe it was my faultㅡ"

You didn't even get to finish your entrance when Jaehyun pulled you in to a hug. He held you tightly, placing one of his head on the back of your head. It felt secure and you felt truly comforted for the first time that week.

"Regardless of what happened, I know it wasn't your fault." He explained. You could feel him trembling along with you. Maybe it was out of anger, or maybe it was out of sadness like you. "You didn't do anything wrong. Jiyoung, you're the best person I know. Please, never say that about yourself again."

Hearing that, you wanted to cry even more, but Jaehyun was doing so much for you. You didn't want to be so weak.

"Jiyoung, I promise that I'll never hurt you. I'll be here for you whenever you need someone."

"T-Thank's, Jaehyun."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After that little episode, you headed home, lost in your own little thoughts. Jaehyun insisted on taking you home, but you refused, not wanting to be a burden any longer.

You needed some time alone to understand what was happening and to think of what to do next. But really, you had no idea of what was coming for you. All you knew was that your relationship with Yuta would never go back to the way it was, no matter how much you wanted it to.