27

27 | Hearts That Become Intertwined

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

A couple months had passed since the entire fiasco, but you two were still holding up strong. Yes, Sicheng was still moping about his new life as a third wheel, but he would slowly get over it. He started to hang out with Jaehyun more often, but of course, your were stil his best friend.

It was nearing summer vacation and as exams began to slow down, you all began to unwind as well.

You, Yuta, Sicheng, Jaehyun, Taeyong and Doyoung decided to hang out after school that day and headed to a park.

"Vacation starts in two weeks... What are your plans?" Taeyong asked, lightly swinging back and forth on the swing set.

"I'm going back to China for a bit." Sicheng smiled, excited to see his home that he had missed. "It'd be better if you all could come with me though. I don't like travelling alone." He pouted.

"I'll be visiting the U.S with my family for a couple weeks. I haven't been there in forever." Jaehyun replied, leaning on the chain of the swing.

"The U.S?! That's why your English is amazing... hOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW?" Yuta exclaimed with surprised.

"I lived there for four years. I thought I told you?"

"What... You're aMERICAN?!"

"Imㅡ No, I'm not."

The rest of you laughed as Yuta's brain became all jumbled up. He was confused out if his mind; it was hilarious.

"Anyways, what about you, Jiyoung? Any plans?" Jaehyun asked, recovering from Yuta's seemingly endless questions.

"Nope, not really. I'll probably be staying here the whole summer doing whatever."

Yuta smiled and made his way over to you, "She'll be hanging out with me!" He said happily, putting his arm around your shoulder. "We didn't get much to go out this year, so we'll take full advantage of that during summer, right Ji-Ji?"

You nodded, a bit embaressed in front of your friends, but happy nonetheless.

"Fucking lovebirds. Y'all are so cute, can you stop. I'm gonna die." Doyoung teased. "Man, where am I gonna find someone? I'm gonna die alone."

"Let's go find someone then." Jaehyun said, standing up.

"Wait what?"