16

16 | Before The Storm

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ Just for clarification, yes this chapter takes place the same time as the last one lmao. aLSO THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE SHORT AS SHIT, SORRY ]

+ Kang Jiyoung

"You look extra smiley today." Sicheng approached you from behind, tapping your shoulder. "Let me guess, Nakamoto Yuta?"

You gleamed, showing him the necklace.

"It's so pretty, right? I can't stop staring at it."

Sicheng seemed content, knowing what Yuta did to buy it for you. It was like he was watching a drama unfold in front of him.

"He might as well have gotten you a ring." Sicheng smirked, earning a slight punch from you.

"Why would you say that? How many times do I have to remind you that Hyemi eXISTS?"

"Pft, nevermind."

Sicheng was hiding a lot of things from you, giving you hints which you didn't seem to understand. It was frustrating but comedic.

"Oh, that's right!" You went through your backpack and pulled out two tickets. "Tada~ my aunt got me them for my birthday." You waved them in front of his face.

"wHAT?! WHERE?! HOW?! THIS SHIT SOLD OUT MONTHS AGO!" He yelled, catching the attention of almost everyone in the hallway.

They were tickets to a concert that the two of you had been dying to see. You knew Sicheng would be excited, but you didn't think he would be like this.

"My aunt's got some connections." You winked. "You're going with me, right?"

"DAMN RIGHT I AM. WHEN IS IT?"

"This Saturday."

Sicheng fell to his knees, causing you to step back.

"WHY HAS THIS WORLD FORSAKEN ME?" He cried.

"Your dramatic ass... What's wrong?"

"I'm visiting my grandma that Saturday." He fake cried, catching even more attention then before. "I'll just die insteadㅡ"

"You dumbass. Get up." You grabbed his arm, pulling him off the floor. "If it helps, I'll send you videos, okay?"

He wiped the fake tears off his eyes and smirked, "Video tape the entire concert?"

"You know it."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Since your best friend was no longer available, you needed someone to go with and one specific person was resonating in your mind.

"Should I ask him? He won't think it's a date, will he? sHIT."

Before you knew it, you were standing in front of Yuta, your hands on the verge of trembling.

"Hi Jiyoung! What is it?"

"Uh, well..." You grabbed the tickets from your bag and showed them to him. "I asked Sicheng if he wanted to go with me but he's busy. So, I've got an extra ticket. Wanna come?"

He didn't respond, making you regret asking him. Maybe he didn't want to go with you.

"Or nevermind, it's okay. You're probably busy. I'll justㅡ"

"I'll go! I wanna go!"

His sudden outburst scared you.

"I've been wanting to go to this concert too. We can go to it together."

Suddenly, a bright smile spread across your face. You felt so light and happy. You couldn't get rid of your stupid little smile no matter how hard you tried.

You then headed to class together and you felt like skipping; that's how elated you were. Grinning, you looked out the window; it was sunny and bright, no clouds covering up the sky. It was so perfect. That day was perfect.

You didn't think much about it, but it would have been nice if it stayed that way. It's always sunny before a storm.