14

14 | A Birthday & A Question

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIYOUNG!!"

The break had ended quickly, but that was quite fine with you since your birthday was right after. Thankfully your nasty fever was gone and you were good as new.

"You're 17 now. Damn you're so old." Doyoung pinched your cheek as you blew out the candles on your cake.

"Shut up, you're birthday was five months ago, dumbass." You flicked his forehead in retaliation.

Sicheng, Jaehyun, Taeyong, Doyoung and of course Yuta, were all over at your house for a small party. The guys were missing from school earlier but that's because they were at your house decorating for you. How sweet.

The five of you were sat down, surrounded by ripped wrapping paper as the boys watched you open your gifts

"IT'S A SLOTH!" You exclaimed in delight upon opening Sicheng's gift. "CATCH ME AT SCHOOL FLEXING MY SLOTH HOODIE. THANK YOU SICHENG!" You hugged him tightly when Yuta handed you his gift. It was in a small bag filled with rose gold tissue paper.

You took out the wrapping tissue and held the box that was inside. You felt like you were gonna cry when you opened it.

It was a silver chained necklace with a heart charm.

"Sorry if you don't like it. I don't know how jewelry worksㅡ"

You elbowed Yuta and giggled, "I love it. Thank you so much!" It was the prettiest piece of jewelry you had ever seen; you may have been biased because it was from your crush but who cares. You couldn't stop staring at it and smiling.