7

7 | Friendships & Certain Feelings

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

"So I see you two look pretty happy. I'm guessing the date went well?" Yuta beamed, pleased that his plan didn't completely flop. The four of you stood outside of the cafè in the cold night, "Do I sense a new couple arising?"

Playfully, you rolled your eyes at him.

You glanced down at your watch and flinched as you noticed how late it was.

"Hey, it's pretty late now. I gotta go now if I don't want my mom to murder me. I'll see you guys tommorow." You swung your bag over your shoulder and rushed away anxiously, not wanting to come home any later to avoid getting killed by your parents.

"Wait up! I'll take you home." Jaehyun caught up beside you, wearing a smile on his face.

Perplexed and surprised, you stuttered, "H-Huh? It's fine. I don't live that far from here."

"Would it be very gentlemen like of me to let my 'date' head home all by herself." You could hear the sarcasm pierce through his voice, but his offer was genuine. "Are you taking that bus?" He pointed at the bus stop across the street.

"Yeah, I am."

"Great, I take that one too! Let's go." Finally accepting his offer, you headed over to the bus stop together.

It was quiet while you two sat down l, waiting for the bus to arrive. That is, until Jaehyun decided to break the airy silence.

"So, how long have you liked Yuta exactly?"

That caught you off guard.

"O-Oh uh well... I'm pretty sure it's been four years?"

"Four? That's a really long time... Yuta's a good guy. I can see why you've liked him for so long."

"But, you are too."

Jaehyun raised an eyebrow in surprised.

"I meant that even though I only met you three hours ago, you've been so kind and gentle. Why else would girls be falling for you all the time?" You continued, "I'm surprised you don't have a girlfriend yet."

Jaehyun sat there in silence and you became worried that you had offended him.

"sHIT, I-I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND YOU. I'M SO SORRY. YOU SEE, I ALWAYS KEEP BLABBING MY STUPID MOUTH ANDㅡ"

He broke out in to laughter, leaving your dumbfounded ass sitting there confused.

"It's alright, really. I wasn't offended at all so dont ." He beamed a reassuring smile. "I've actually had a girlfriend once before, but it didn't go so well."