22

22 | The Breakdown

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

Not too long later, a week passed and Yuta still wasn't talking to you. Eventually, you tried to get used to not being able to see him like normal. That way it would affect you less.

You did end up getting used to him not looking at you at or even seeing him at all through a day. The times he would go see Sicheng and Taeyong, you wouldn't be there. After some time, you just accepted that you had probably done something to make Yuta upset with you. You were to ashamed to face him, even though you didn't know what you had done.

But thankfully, you weren't completely miserable thanks to Jaehyun and Sicheng. Hanging out with them distracted you from the ongoing chaos in your mind.

You didn't tell Sicheng about the situation with Yuta for multiple reasons. One of them because you didn't want him to get involved because you knew that if he did, he'd end up fighting with one of you and that was the last thing you wanted. It was best to keep him out of it.

So, you tried acting normal for that entire week, until it fell apart.

The rest of the day had gone by particularly quickly and you were excited to go home to your bed where all your worries would disappear in a realm called, "deep slumber". You had gone to the bathroom and by the time you came back, everyone was gone. The halls were empty and quiet, but to be fair, it was a Friday.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM SICHENGSNAKELY ]

SICHENGSNAKELY:
Sorry Jiyoung. I would have walked home with you today but you were taking too long and my mom wanted me home or else she'd beat my ass

SICHENGSNAKELY:
See you tmrw Ji-Ji >:)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"

Well, looks like I'm walking home alone today. It was my fault anyway. I guess I can't complain." You thought as you packed the rest of your things in to your bag.

The quiet atmosphere of the school was broken when you heard someone in the hallway right outside on the phone. You can bet that your nosey little ass got closer to the door to hear the conversation. Hey, you needed some excitement in your life after that boring, lonely week.

"You're fucking crazy." They said angrily.

You recognized that voice without even having to see them. It was Yuta. Your ears were glued to the door.

"We already went over this. You said you would leave me alone."

You could barely make out what was being said on the other side of the line, but you just knew it wasn't good.

"What more do you want? Stop trying to control me. I've been following what you wanted me to do."

When you heard him say that, you became worried. Something was happening to him.

"How many fucking times have I told you to leave Jiyoung out of this?!"

Jiyoung? You? Whatever was going on... involved you? It felt like you had become lightheaded. This situation had something to do with you and he didn't even tell you?

"I'm tired of your bullshit. Please, just leave me the fuck alone."

He finally hung up and you could hear how exhausted he was. He sighed as he leaned his back against the wall, and that's when you slowly opened the door and came out in to the hallway.

"Yuta? What was that?"

His eyes widened in shock when he saw you standing there. He stumbled on his words.

"J-Jiyoung? Whatㅡ"

"I asked you a question." You were fed up with everything. All you wanted were some answers. "What's going on?"

"I'm sorry. I can'tㅡ"

"I'm tired of you saying sorry! Just speak to me! Please!" You yelled, your voice cracking a bit as you tried to hold back tears.

"Jiyoung, I'm so sorry but I need to go."

"I'm so tired Yuta! I'm tired of wondering why you're avoiding me! I'm tired of thinking I did something wrong! I'm tired of you ignoring me!" Your voice became frail as you continued to yell. "What did I do!? Just tell me so I can say sorry! What did I do to hurt you so bad that you won't even talk to me!?" Your sight of Yuta became blurry behind your tears.

That week when you had tried to get used to not seeing Yuta, all you really were doing was pushing down your emotions inside of you. They were bound to escape sometimes and this was the time.

"I don't know what you're doing or who you were talking to and I've never thought this about you before, but for the first time Yuta, you hurt me." Slowly, your words became so quiet as warm tears rolled down your cheeks. Yuta couldn't do anything but stare at you knowing that this was all his fault.

Yuta really had hurt you.

It was difficult for you to speak through your full on weeping. It was hard for you to even start saying anything. "So please, just answer me and don't run away this time... If you do, I won't talk to you again."

You couldn't believe that you had said that, but it just came out. You couldn't help it, but on the inside, you prayed to God that he didn't walk away.

"Jiyoung Iㅡ"

"Jiyoung?"

You turned around and saw Jaehyun hurrying towards you, putting his hand in your shoulder. He saw your face and he knew that things weren't okay.

He stood in between you and Yuta, acting as a shield for you.

"Yuta what the fuck did you do?" You had never heard Jaehyun sound mad before. You really thought he didn't have it in him to get angry at people. "Why is Jiyoung crying?"

Yuta remained silent and broke eye contact with Jaehyun, looking over to the side. There was guilt plastered all over his face.

"Why do you keep hurting her?" Jaehyun scowled as he grabbed your hand and brought you away, leaving Yuta by himself.

You had never felt more shitty in your entire life.