19

19 | A "Date"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

+ Kang Jiyoung

After a stressful week of almost neverending school work and worrying about Yuta, Saturday was like a safe haven for you. It was the day where you would get to de-stress and finally have fun for the first time in a while.

You stood in front of the mirror holding two different shirts in your hands, switching them to see which looked better. Once you finished, you ran downstairs to put on your shoes. Rushing out the door, you waved goodbye to your mom, who was sitting in the kitchen.

"Bye mom!"

"Have fun Jiyoung!"

"Is Jiyoung going on a date?!" Your dad asked, quite shocked.

"AGH NOㅡ I'm going to a concert with a friend. It's not a date." You groaned. "I'm leaving now! Bye!"

It was kind of bittersweet knowing that you were supposed to be going to the concert with Yuta that day, but Jaehyun was a close friend too. You were happy to be able to have fun with him.

Almost an hour later, you were out the door and waited for Jaehyun at the bus stop.

"Jiyoung!"

"Hi!" You grinned, removing your earbuds as Jaehyun sat down beside you. "Excited for the concert?"

"Of course. I haven't been to one in forever." He paused before saying anything else. "But uh, who exactly are we seeing?"

You felt dumbfounded, then you realized your mistake.

"oH SHITㅡ I'm so dumb." You facepalm when you remembered that you didn't even tell him which concert you guys were going to. "It's a group called SR15B. Ever heard of them?"

"Heh... nope." The innocent cluelessness on Jaehyun's face was adorable.

You handed him your other earbud and turned your phone back on.

"Here, listen. It's one of their new songs called Switch. Good right?"

"It's catchy. I like it."

"Good to know that we have the same taste. Intellectuals oNLY."