Chapter 22: || Mehendi ||

Mehendi

The schedule was that the mehendi would be held at 10 a.m, first hour would only be exclusively for ladies. The Ladies Sangeet. An hour later men were allowed to join the gathering for the celebrations. Thanks to Aastha this idea was implemented.

A busy Shivaay was out to finalise a few things about the next day's event. While Anika was making sure the decorations were pitch perfect. Saumya was busy talking to the mehendi ladies.

Dev was checking the music system, when he gets a call, smiling he goes to talk, an observant Anika looked on and smiled.

As she was doing the last bit of things, Aastha comes over and asks her to get ready. She thinks it was best, as Shivaay wouldn't be there and she would get the room all to herself.

She looked at herself in the huge mirror of the washroom setting her side curls. She had put on a buffed hairstyle with her smooth long curls down her back and the side curls kissing her neck. She wore an embroidered net pinkish lehenga with a colourful collared sleeveless choli. Her Pink Chiffon Dupatta lay aside on the rack, while she was carefully looking into the mirror and applying the eyeliner.

There was some sound and the huge glass door opened and an oblivious Shivaay entered engrossed in his phone, his right hand unbuttoning his shirt. She was focusing with her left eye on the thickness of her liner on her right closed eye and didn't notice him.

As soon as she was done, she turned the other way, at the very same moment Shivaay took a towel from the towel rack and placed his phone there instead, and turned to move to the huge washbasin to wash his face and *bang*.

She squealed, screwing her eyes shut while he with his brows raised looked at her wide eyed. She was bending over him her left hand clinging tightly to his unbuttoned shirt and the right on his shoulder. While his strong arms held her bare ones, by the shoulder to prevent her from the fall. She finally opened her eyes slowly, and the two pair of eyes blinked in unison to settle for a magnetizing eye-lock.

She gulped at their proximity. The butterflies grew in her stomach as his hand moved down from her shoulders to her elbow stroking her bare arm gently. Oh gosh and those ever confusing eyes,.she just couldn't look away.

His breathe became uneven as he saw her looking at him with her uneven breath fanning his face, while her hand clinging to the shirt slightly touched his bare chest. And those glossy lips they were so damn inviting. He unknowingly inched closer. His eyes moved lower from her lips. He did not fail to notice that little bit of cleavage.

Her eyes followed his, she hesitantly moved. Realising he immediately inched far, gaining his senses.."you okay?"

"Hmmm..." she was at a loss of words with crimson colour reddening her cheeks. She felt too much exposed to him for the minute, and to make it worst her breath and senses had ditched her altogether. She just hoped he didn't sense the weird roller-coaster of feelings she was going through. Not knowing that he was busy fighting his own hormones.

He saw that she felt uncomfortable standing there, like that before him. He looked the other way only to find her dupatta, he quickly grabbed it and handed it to her.