Chapter 27: || Tension In Air ||

Both were totally confused at their sudden awkward encounter, each thinking that they had crossed the limit, not realising that it was mutual!

"Aag dono taraf lagi thii..!"

A long dinning table was setup in the lawn for the two families .Anika sat next to Aastha trying hard to pay attention to what she was saying, but the thoughts of that moment ruled her head. Shivaay walked up with a composed face with Varad. He sat right opposite to Anika.

90s music was playing in the background. There was continuous chattering and clinking of the cutlery, but two individual sat there unusually quiet, scared to even meet each other's gaze.

Aastha-"Arey Anika tera dhyaan kahan hai...Shivaay ko sabji de.."she said handing her the serving bowl.

Anika"Hmm.."She finally looks up to meet his gaze and extends the bowl towards him.He takes it.

*spark. *

Their hands brushed. Both looked at their hands and then at each other, pulling back their hands.The eye-lock didn't go unnoticed .Yes Aastha noticed and indicated to Shlok. Finally they seemed like a normal couple. Both Aastha and Shlok passed each other knowing glances as the duo continued to eat silently.

"Arre Re Arre Ye Kya Hua Maine Na Ye Jaana
Arre Re Arre Ban Jaaye Na Kahin Koi Afsaana
Arre Re Arre Kuchh Ho Gaya Koi Na Pehchaana
Arre Re Arre Banta Hai To Ban Jaaye Afsaana

Arre Re Arre Ban Jaaye Na Kahin Koi Afsaana
Arre Re Arre Kuchh Ho Gaya Koi Na Pehchaana
Arre Re Arre Banta Hai To Ban Jaaye Afsaana

Naam Kya Hai Kya Kahein Dil Ke Mausam Ko
Aag Jaise Lag Gayi Aaj Shabnam Ko
Aise Lagta Hai Kisine Chhoo Liya Humko
Arre Re Arre Ye Kya Hua Maine Na Ye Jaana
Arre Re Arre Ban Jaaye Na Kahin Koi Afsaana"

After the dinner was done. Shivaay walked out with Dev to discuss a few things. While Anika was assisting an extremely tired Aastha.As they were walking down the corridor after leaving the newly-weds to their room,

Aastha-"Uff..thanks Anika tu nahi hoti naa th na jaane yeh sab kaise hota..."

Anika-"Ab ye humare beech thanku sorry kab se..!"

Aastha chuckled. "chal good night..bahut neend aa rahi kal phir sab niklenge toh wo sab bhi dehkna hai"

Anika-"chal matlab..tu kahan chali..hum dono yahan so rahe the naa..."

Aastha-"Nayi aaj main apne kamre mein hi soungi...subh uth kar packing bhi karni hai aur phir maa ne kuch hisaab bhi karne ko kaha hai...chal goodnight...waise bhi bechara Shivaay tujhse teen din door raha aakhir uska bhi toh haq hai tujh par..!" winking she began to wlak away.

Anika gulped embarrassingly. She entersed her room and quickly changed into a simple patiala and kurta for the night.

Shivaay was walking with decelerated steps to the room, the thought of facing her made him go nuts.How could he.?!

For the twentieth time in the past ten mins, he took a deep breath and revised in his head what he had thought of saying.

He finally opened the door through his master card and walked in.Listening to foot steps she turned, their eyes met. She gulped. He noticed that she had been arranging cushions in the center of the bed.