Chapter 38: || SSO Strikes ||

She looked at the watch,it was time , she should leave. Quickly getting her things into the bag and running a last look around she stepped out. The breakfast was a silent affair. He barely spoke. She knew how hard it must be for him, coming so close to winning back what was rightfully his, they were so far. Days had flied, and today was the final showdown. It was Rana and Tia's Wedding. Anika had snooped around the entire Mansion but hadn't been able to find the papers. But she still din't back out, today was her last Chance!

" Anika, leave it, its over, you don't have to go today!" He said stirring the cornflakes in the bowl of milk.

"We spoke about this yesterday, din't we? Let me go...ho sakta hai aaj...

" Koi miracle hogaa kya aaj!??" He said sarcastically.

"Ho sakta hai..! " she said smiling.

He looked up at her, wearing disapproval.

She quickly got up, and carried her plate to the sink and quickly washed her hands and dried them. She picked up her bag from the dinning table and walked towards the door. He still sat there toying with spoon, he had seemed to lost interest. Once upon a time Shivaay Singh Oberoi had whatever he wanted by hook or crook. The man who never gave up. But ever since that fateful day of his life, being Shivaay Singh Oberoi gave him nothing. And yet again he was losing. His chain of thoughts were broken as he felt her hand on his shoulder. He turned and she bent sligthly to bring her eyes up to his level.

"Magic happens to those who believe, Kahin pada thaa... Aaj apply kar rahi hoon..!Wait for my call, After all its time Mr. S.S.O makes a show.!"

She winked and then gave him her charming smile and left.He din't know why, but A smile decorated his face, his heart felt light in a matter of a few seconds. He had started realising, it wasn't a mere attraction, it was much more. The connection they had. The mutual understanding. The way his heart felt light with her around.

 But still ...

Like always he pushed the thoughts away. It can't be Love! It can't. Love doesn't exist in real life. Its an illusion and he for one will never fall for that illusion. As for Magic... He din't know much...but was sure, she was Magic. She sure was Magic. She was capable of making him smile, make him laugh as per her wish. She Was Magic. And he believed in HER.!

Anika was walking up and down the Mansion's corridors, seeing to the arrangements. And also taking all opportunity of finding any clue. She had the chance of being in Rana's Room which was actually Shivaay's. She looked everywhere, under the bedding, the draws, she even managed to get the keys by crook and checked the cupboards, Nothing! She had almost been caught in the room but lucky enough she made an excuse of decorating the room for the night. And Tia happily let her have some more time in the room.The Mandap had been set up in the centre of the Living Room. The Mansion had been magnificently been decorated. The time for the major event was approaching. Anika was busy setting up the essential things like flowers,and other sacred things , at the mandap, her mind lost in thoughts. The papers should be somewhere around they weren't at office, Mishra had taken to that.! Then where.? She thought hard, what was she missing out. She was brought out of her thoughts by Rana's aunt, she sent her to the mandir in the house to get a few things. Anika nodded and went. She was busy picking up the cloth and the kalash when something caught her attention. She rushed towards the rear part of the mansion which was generally empty, so that she could make a call. She had already made the required text messages. But then she froze on spot. She heard footsteps behind her. Her eyes widened and heart stopped beating, she slowly turned.