Chapter 49: || Yeh Moh Moh Me Dhaage ||

She was walking towards Daadi with the haldi tray in hand, when she almost banged into Daadi.

Daadi looked at her closely-"Kya hua puttar sab theek toh hain?"

She simply nodded in a yes. "Kuch baat hai?" Daadi asked, gently placing her hand on her elbow.

"Bas, kuch samaj mein nahi aar raha hai. Pata nahi kab tak bhaagti rahoongi. Jitna bhaagti hoon wahin aake ruk jaati hoon!" she spoke lost in her thoughts about him.

"Puttar, bhaagne se kaam nahi banta. Kisi na kisi din toh saamna karna padega." Daadi spoke, she din't know what was bothering her. But she was well aware that something was.

Anika looked at Daadi thoughtfully and smiled. Daadi smiled and asked her to come fast taking the tray from her hand.

Anika sighed. Was he okay? She was sinking in concern for him. Her face brightened slightly as an idea struck her. She quickly made a call to the doctor, disappearing into the rooms.

***

The celebrations were in full swing. On one side of the curtain was the bride on the other the bridegroom. Shivaay smiled as he applied haldi to his sister. Her eyes were moist, as memories came back to her head. Those stupid teenage conversations the four of them would have. Rudra would always tease of her leaving after marriage and Shiv-Om would hit him, taking her side. She still clearly remembered Rudra's animated face when he had described his plans for her wedding- he would color her yellow till people mistook her for the sun. Shivaay quickly wiped the tear at the edge of her eye before it could fall off, without making it obvious. He bent down and whispered, "Smile, Princess - it's your day!" Instantly a smile crept up her face; that was exactly what Shiv-Om would tell her when she fought with Rudra!

***

Shivaay sighed as he stood aside while everyone danced. He realised how much of his liveliness was because of her. He was getting impatient now. He was Shivaay Singh Oberoi, not the one to sulk in shadowed corner, but the one who would illuminate the room with his presence. But somewhere down he wanted to remain stuck in that melancholy and miss his brothers. The cheer and joy that they brought into his life was lost with them.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a tap on his shoulder. He turned to find her standing with a hand on her hip. She peeped around him. He looked confused.

"Aaj kal aap bhooton ke saath rehte hain?"

He looked perplexed-"What!"

"What, what? Sab wahan hain aur aap yahan. Kisi ka wait kar rahe hain?"

"No!" he replied, folding his hands.

"Toh, aapko Katrina Kaif aake invitation dengi phir aap apni behen ki haldi mein naachenge?" She narrowed her eyes. She still remembered he like Katrina Kaif in the movie! Things like that ladies don't easily forget.

He gave her the SSO-attitude-look, "Sunaa rahi ho mujhe?"

She gave him an animated look-" Aap ne kuch khaya piyaa hai kya? Yaan koi chakkar wakkar chal raha hai kya bhootni ke saath? " She tried hiding her smile. She knew she was speaking ridiculous stuff and his reactions were out of the box!