Chapter 39: || Just Friends? ||

The legal formalities done, he walked up to his room. It felt so good, being back to the place where he belonged, but it just din't feel the same. The people who made that place home were missing. He had been occupied with too many things hadn't even realised that it was almost dinner time. As he entered the room, his eyes rested on her. She had, had a sound sleep and was now sitting up straight on the bed her eyes closed, stretching her arms. He smiled. She was indeed the best friend he had ever had. Weird enough, she was not a bit of the kind of people whom he would keep ties with, yet she was the closest person to him. She was very different.

He had been so engrossed in his own thoughts, thinking about her that he hadnt heard her greeting.

"Wo kab neend aa gayi pata hi nahi chala...!" She continued, sitting properly on the bed. He walked ahead and stood beside her and smiled,"Its okay, I know you can sleep anywhere, anytime!" He teased.

Her eyes wide and eyebrows raised, she gave him a fake icy look."Ooo Please...wo...

"Ok Let's cut it short, Aren't you hungry? Mere paet mein naa chuhe kud rahe hain!" He said in a go and soon covering for himself, "Tumharri Language Mein Bolon Agar!"

She suppressed a giggle, enjoying his animated expression.

"So you quickly freshen up, dinner is ready, okay?"She nodded and walked to the washroom.

When she came out she saw him, standing by the window looking out at the pool, his expression solemn.

She walked up to him and without a delay he looked back at her as she proceeded to stand beside him. "Aap ka Ghar Bahut Pyaara Hai!"

"Thaa...!" He sighed looking at a far away point. 

Then turning to her. He took her hand in his, while she looked a little taken aback. "Thank You! I know a thank you just isn't enough for all that you have done for me...but that's it... I can't even thank you...you saved my life, you gave me a new life and today you gave me back what was once mine! Also sorry for what you had to hear today... All because of me!"

She smiled. "You don't have to say it ! Friendship mein...

" I know I know! But, I just...!" His voice shook with emotions and without any second thought, he hugged her. At first taken aback, she got settled to the situation. After much hesitation she finally, let her arms rest on his shoulder. "Thank You! " Was all he murmured. Slowly he broke apart, blinking his eyes to hide his tears. "Let's go eat!" He said turning away to wipe his tears.She smiled and turned the other way to wipe away the tears that were now shining in her eyes.

He spoke about the house, about what happened where etc, quite unnecessary for her to know. But she loved listening to him. He spoke so cheerfully, though she could make out the faint line of unhappiness in his voice. She also spoke and annoyed and irritated him with her words. He reprimanded her, but in the end he knew that he had actually started enjoying her company. Both occasionally, caught themselves not listening but just staring at the other. Though the other remained oblivious, thanks to their own thoughts that kept them too preoccupied to notice the other.The dinner done, she rose knowing it was time for Her to leave. "Ok then Mr.SSO,