Chapter 45: || Making Mends ||

It pained him, the manner in which she spoke to him. So she was leaving. And she was taunting him. Great. But he suddenly felt vulnerable when she looked back at him her eyes showing she was upset. He shouldnt have screamed at her that day. It had been three whole days to that now.

"Anika!" He spoke wanting her to listen to him. She turned away, to leave. He held her hand. She din't bulge a bit. His words had pricked hard. He came closer to her slowly. He stood adjacent to her, facing her. While she looked in front."Anika!" He said softly.

"Please, look at me!" He saw her with pleading eyes.She din't turn, her vision blurred as her eyes grew moist. She freed her hand and walked away towards the exit.

"I din't mean it Anika!.." His voice trailed. He felt vulnerable. She was walking away from him, something he just couldn't take. He had perhaps taken her for granted, every single time she came to him to stand by him.

She stopped at the door and spared him a glance.

 "..but your words matter to me! Damn it! " she wanted to scream it out. 

But she silently left. 

He sighed looking sideway, and then sprang into action following her trail. 

He reached the living hall only to find Daadi there."Chali Gayi Wo". Daadi scanned his face, as he frowned sitting beside her.

" Billu, jo haath mein nahi hai usse paane ke liye, 

Jo haath mein hai usse mat kho dena..! 

Ye tujhse baithar koi aur nahi samaj sakta hai!"

Broken he looked at Daadi, getting the depth of what she spoke. He hugged her. " Main Maafi Magungaa Daadi, Galti meri thii main sudhaaroonga!" He stood up smiling at the older lady with tears in eyes he left behind her, asking her to have dinner, and promising that he would set everything alright.The older lady smiled as he left. She finally saw the Ishqbaaaz rise in him. The man who at one time wouldn't even consider his mistake, forget asking for forgiveness was willing to bow down and ask forgiveness for his mistake to the girl who now meant much more to him than anything. She deserved every bit of it. 

She kept hitting the knife on the cutting board. She was angry. "Ek sorry nahi bol sakte Akdu Singh Oberoi." The vegetables lay scattered over the Kitchen counter in various weird shapes.She kept aside the knife. She was angry and wanted to remove it out.She had tried punching his photo to no effect. How she wished he was right before her and she would spoil his hair. She would, say all he didn't like. She would put lots of spice in his food. He made her feel so bad and yet a part of her only wanted to let it go. No Anika, you need to be angry and show him the Tadi.Taking the knife in hand once more she started chopping the remaining vegetables.Her eyes squeezed, once again the knife landed on the carrot.

"Watch out!" He spoke almost sliding to the counter. 

"Haath mein lag jaayega, koi aise sabji kaat taa hai kya, wo bhi itni saari!?" He spoke glancing around. 

She widened her eyes, and blinked to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "BilluJi!?" She blinked.

"Shivaay!" He corrected her.